• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DROPS slim Italian shirts--15.75, 16, and 16.5--Truzzi, Mastai, Neapolitan niche brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer to ship CONUS only, but may consider international shipping on a case-by-case basis. All items are priced competitively for quick selling. Measurements are taken to the best of my ability, but do note that they are approximate. Don't hesitate to PM with any questions. Prices include Priority Mail shipping in the CONUS. Insurance will be optional, with buyer responsibility.

Below is a collection of new Italian-made shirts by Mastai Ferretti, Truzzi, and two rare brands--Carrel a mano and Pino Borriello in sizes 40/15.75, 41/16, and 42/16.5. All offer a trim, tailored fit. Check out the exceptional detailing, including the great collars--none of those short, annoying points that don't properly sit under your lapels. The last two in particular contain some outstanding hand-finished detailing. These are priced very competitively--my first batch of shirts sold in about 48 hours.

1. SOLD $65 40/15.75 Mastai Ferretti blue with blue/white stripe oxford. Slim, darted fit. A cool Italian take on the OCBD, complete with the enviable Mastai button down collar and its ?-shaped roll. Crow’s feet stitched MOP buttons, hand finished button holes. My first one of these sold very quickly, was lucky to find another.
• Chest: 22.5”
• Shoulder: 17”
• Sleeve: 26”
6-1.jpg

6-2.jpg

6-3.jpg

2. SOLD $80 40/15.75 Mastai Ferretti pink/blue stripe in a linen cotton blend. Slim, darted fit. Exceptionally light, springy linen-cotton fabric in a great spring/summer pattern. Crow's feet stitched MOP buttons, hand finished button holes, cool spread collar. Awesome shirt.

• Chest: 22.5"
• Shoulder: 17.25"

2-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

3. SOLD $70 ~16-16.5 Truzzi "tailored vintage" casual dark blue cotton shirt. This one isn't tagged with a size, but the neck measures approximately 16.75. Along with the other measurements, this suggests it's a slim 16-16.5--it has a slim, darted fit. I normally wear a 15.75, and this one fits well (except the neck is a bit loose). A really nice, lightweight casual fabric with Truzzi detailing--Australian MOP buttons, crow's feet stitching, and hand finished buttonholes. Truzi logo embroidered on one of the sleeve gauntlets. Would be really great with chinos for casual spring/summer wear.

• Chest: 22.5"
• Shoulder: 17"
• Sleeve: 26.5”

3-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

3-3.jpg

3-4.jpg

4. SOLD $80 16/41 Carrel a mano solid blue shirt in a lightweight, voile-like fabric. Awesome spread collar, French cuffs with silk knots included. This is a relatively unknown brand, but it is an exceptional shirt--crow's feet stitched MOP buttons, hand finished buttonholes, hand-set sleeve with shirring detail and much-envied "nubs," and really tight stitching overall--check out the detail shot of inside the collar. You'd be hard pressed to find a shirt with this much hand detailing at this price in a staple fabric and colorway. Slim, darted fit.

• Chest: 22.75"
• Shoulder: 17"

4-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

4-4.jpg

4-5.jpg

4-6.jpg

4-7.jpg
5. $80 16/41 Pino Borriello Napoli dark purple on white ground micro grid. If you run a search on this brand in SF, you'll see some members discovering it a while back--it's a rarely-found brand that makes an exceptionally-crafted Neapolitan shirt. This one has awesome MOP buttons with crow's feet stitching, hand finished buttonholes, hand-set sleeves with the much-envied "nubs," a hand-sewn bar tack on the sleeve gauntlets, and hand sewn side gussets. A smooth, crisp cotton fabric with a perfect spread collar. This one isn't darted, but offers a similarly well-tailored fit as the others--I'd call it slim. I'd say this is higher quality than Lorenzini/RLPL and Truzzi, on par with Isaia, but not as much handwork as Kiton or old-Borrelli. A great color/pattern shirt with truly special details.

• Chest: 22"
• Shoulder: 17.5"
• Sleeve: 27”

5-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

5-4.jpg

5-5.jpg

5-6.jpg

5-7.jpg

5-8.jpg

Attachments

• 4-2.JPG
    4-2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads