• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DROPS MAY 14! 25 Soporific Ties █ ESTATE SALE (aka GET IN HERE!) █ Rubinacci, RLPL, RLBL, Rare

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's the deal folks: I have WAY too many ties.

All of them are amazing, but I just can't keep them all. They take up too much closet space, and they make it hard to get dressed in the morning. (Sensory overload!)

I'm trying to whittle down my collection to just one rack. Accordingly, I have put tie purge protocols into motion.

I have 25 ties for sale in this thread. Letting these go at below market below. My loss is your gain.

Some of these are very rare ties. Vintage Polo Ralph Lauren from the time they were manufactured in NYC, etc. Or RLPL grenadines. Or "one-off" Rubinacci's/Battistoni's that you won't find anywhere else. There's an "Ancient Madder" Brooks Brothers silk tie in the mix too.

Priced individually. Prices start at $35 and run up to $75. Includes shipping to the US and Canada. Add $10 for all other countries

Take off $2 for each additional tie purchased (combined shipping). I will ignore PMs from nickel and dimers

As implied in most SF classified listings, sales are final.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIES ARE SORTED BY FABRIC TYPE:

Group shot (pardon the washed out look from the camera flash):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silk Ties I:

Includes shipping to the US and Canada. Add $5 for all other countries

Top Row:
A. Rare NWOT Ralph Lauren Purple Label (RLPL), grey grenadine/"gauze", UNLINED, 3.6 inches, $75 SOLD
B. Rare vintage Polo Ralph Lauren from the NYC days (1980s/90s), burgundy woven "gauze," unlined, 3.8 inches, $35 now $30
C. NWT Battistoni purple twill , super thick, 3.25 inches, $45 SOLD

Bottom Row:

D. Vintage Holliday & Brown navy twill, loose keeper stitch (easy fix), 3.6 inches, $55 SOLD
E. NWT Corneliani navy satin, 3.5 inches, $65
F. NWT RLPL navy twill, super thick, 3.7 inches, $95 SOLD
G. NWT Brooks Brothers "ancient madder" silk neat print, marked to prevent return, $45 now $40

Silk Ties II:

Top Row:
H. NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label navy blue with deco squares, 3.15 inches, $55 $49
I. NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label navy blue with deco circles, 3.15 inches, $55 $49

Bottom Row:

J. Gently worn Polo Ralph Lauren mid blue with microdot texture, 3.6 inches, $35 $30
K. NWT Ralph Lauren Purple Label paisley, similar to "Ancient Madder" silk, 3.6 inches, $65 $59
L. NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label midnight blue with microdot texture, 3.15 inches, $55 SOLD

Silk Ties III:

JUST ADDED!

Y. Polo Ralph Lauren grey pindots, 3.6 inches, $45
Z. Polo Ralph Lauren brown pindots, 3.6 inches, $45

Silk Ties IV:

Top Row:
M. NWT Psycho Bunny navy and light blue stripes, very crisp English silk and made in USA, 3.5 inches, $35 $29
N. NWT Psycho Bunny burgundy twill, very crisp English silk and made in USA, 3.5 inches, $35 SOLD

Bottom Row:
O. NWT Forsyth navy with light blue dots, 3.5 inches, $35 SOLD
P. NWT Forsyth brown with light blue dots, 3.5 inches, $35

Wool and Wool-Blend Ties:

Top Row:
Q. Vintage Polo Ralph Lauren brownish tan "barleycorn" tweed, 3.6 inches, $35 $29
R. NWOT Breuer blackwatch tartan, 3.15 inches, $50 $45

Bottom Row:
S. NWT Samuelsohn grayish-blue tartan, 3.25 inches, $55 SOLD
T. NWOT (from Exquisite Trimmings/Davesmith via SpooPoker) Rubinacci grey wool "suiting" fabric, perhaps the best tie of the batch, 3.5 inches, $75 SOLD
U. NWT Brooks Brothers stripes, 3.25, $45 $39

Knit/Woven Silk Ties:

Top Row:
A. Rare NWOT Ralph Lauren Purple Label (RLPL), grey grenadine/"gauze", UNLINED, 3.6 inches, $68 SOLD
B. Rare vintage Polo Ralph Lauren, burgundy woven "gauze," unlined, 3.8 inches, $45 $39

Bottom Row:
V. NWT Piatelli for Barney's New York green knit, 3.0 inches, $35 SOLD
W. NWOT Robert Talbott Carmel navy/midnight blue knit (hard to see the color, but it's blue), 3.25 inches, $35 SOLD
X. NWT Robert Talbott Carmel orange and blue stripe knit, 3.15 inches, $35 $29

IMG_6157_zpsa887d7c2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6179.JPG
    IMG_6179.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Additional pictures. Come on guys, there are navy ties to be had.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drops. Kop these for as low as $29 now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics