• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DROPS! CLASSIC RAINCOATS! c. 38, 40, 42. DEADSTOCK 1960s Glen Plaid, Aquascutum Trenchcoat, Austin R

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several classic raincoats to pass on today--incluidng a wonderful deadstock glen plaid from the 1960s!

As always, FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE CONUS, and ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!

1) 1960s NWT DEADSTOCK Raincoat in a classic 1960s Glen Plaid!

This is wonderful! Genuinely deadstock, with all of its original tags attached this wonderful raincoat is a classic 1960s item--perfect for your Mad Men recreations! Featruing a zip-out liner, with sleeves, button front, and a single centre vent, this coat is, as you'd expect from a NWT deadstock item, in absolutely excellent condition.

Asking just $35 > 30, boxed and shipped, or offer.

Tagged a 40R, measures:

Chest: 23 1/4
Shoulder: NA as raglan sleeves
Sleeve c. 35 (+1 1/2)
Length (BOC) 39

2) Aquascutum trenchcoat! MADE IN ENGLAND

SOLD

I thought that this was suede when I first saw it; it certainly feels like suede. But it's actually sueded polyester.... and very, very well done, too, as I was very surprised that this wasn't a natural fabric. This has a leather belt buckle, leather cuff buckles, and a single centre vent. It also has very clean lines, dispensing with the bulky shoulder cape and the gunflap. This coat was MADE IN ENGLAND, and is in absolutely excellent condition!

Asking just $59, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS. This really is priced to move!

Tagged a 42, but closer to a 40 or 38; see measurements:

Chest: 22
Sleeve: c. 36 1/2
Shoulder: NA as raglan sleeves
Length: 45 1/2

3) Classic Lightweight raincoat by Austin Reed

The classic balmacaan, in a lightweight shell that makes it perfect for warmer months! This has a single centre vent, raglan sleeves, a very clean silhouette, and a concealed placket. It was Made in the USA. This lacks its liner, and has a couple of minor smudges, so it's in Very Good condition only, hence

asking just $25 > 23, or offer.

Measurements:

Chest: 23
Sleeve: c. 36 1/2
Shoulder: NA
Length (BOC):: 47

Attachments

• DSC02246_zps07c0a63c.jpg
    DSC02246_zps07c0a63c.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads