• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DROP! THE PERFECT "MAD MEN" JACKET! Canvassed 3/2 sack, beautiful collar roll, Union Made in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MOVED TO CONSOLIDATED THREAD

"Mad Men" has begun, and here's your opportunity to acquire the perfect "Mad Men" jacket! Beautifully cut from dark, dark, green mini-herringbone cloth with a thin vertical stripe of petrol blue (see the close-up clickable thumbnail of the lapel roll for the best view of this), the cut of this jacket is simply superb. A classic 3/2 sack, it has a wonderful and elegant lapel roll that's clearly never been mis-pressed in its life, which leads perfectly to the lapels... which, since this was Union-Made in the USA in the later 1960's, are not overly narrow but perfect for the balance of the jacket. This jacket also features classic two-button cuffs and a center hook vent. Naturally, it's half-canvassed and half-lined, and has wonderfully natural shoulders. It's also cut from light- to mid-weight cloth, so it could readily be worn this Spring! :)

I should note that my pictures don't this justice at all--this is easily one of the nicest jackets of this sort I've come across, and I've seen plenty! It's in absolutely excellent condition--I was shocked when I saw the type of Union tag it had inside!

Asking just $49 > 45, OR LOWER OFFER, boxed and shipped in CONUS. International inquires are very welcome, with shipping at cost.

Please PM with interest and offers!

Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 26 (+2)
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 32 1/8

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 52 16.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 106 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.3%