• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drop: Suit Supply Soho DB cotton/linen mid blue jacket 48IT (US 38R)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like this jacket, but don't wear DB's enough, so considering letting it go. It's a 51/49 cotton/linen mix, nice texture, very slightly slubby. Mid blue.

Price includes paypal fees, priority shipping within CONUS. No returns so ask questions; I'm happy to answer.

Please have good buyer/seller feedback or be active in threads (or if you have good eBay feedback, I can work with that)

Here are some photos of me wearing it. I've worn it maybe 8 times. It is in excellent condition.

A sense of the texture which is quite nice.

I prefer to sell to members with good B&S feedback or good eBay feedback, or those who are active in discussion threads.

Tagged 38R (IT 48), the rough measurements are approx...(laying it flat)

18.25 inch front, shoulder seam to seam
20.25 inch chest PtP
24.25 inch sleeve, shoulder seam to cuff (working button holes)
18.25 inches waist
29.25 inches length BOC

Not exactly suit supply's measurements, but I suspect this is no different from other versions of this cut.

Note, I had a bit of tailoring done to it by a very good tailor: (a) the waist was taken in, (b) the back cleaned up under the collar, and (c) added some padding to the shoulder (it felt completely unstructured). You could have your tailor remove the padding, but it's still fairly natural as is. It's slim fitting.

Fully lined in silver/gray cupro, dual vent. Beautiful wide lapels.

PM if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 10.02.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 10.02.35 PM.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 10.02.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 10.02.52 PM.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9566.jpg
    IMG_9566.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

yyygundan

Reaction score
What's the size of upper waist?
I'm also interested in your Burberry Tan jacket, may I ask how tall are you?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "upper waist". Can you clarify?

The waist measurement was taken at the middle button, seam to seam. I had it taken in 0.5 inches, so really just a touch to give it a bit more shape. It could be let out I suppose, though tricky with cotton. You might get away with it with this slightly slubby weave, but I can't guarantee you won't see the stitching marks. So, if measurements seem too narrow, then I wouldn't push it. But it's not aggressively slimmed by any means.

I'm 6 feet tall, though I would go more by the length measurement than by my height. The ideal length of a coat is very subjective and is not just a factor of height, but of where your waist is and your arm length. Go with the length of your ideal jacket in your closet as a gauge.

I hope that helps (I tend to be wordy!).

yyygundan

Reaction score
Does the size 48IT mean suitsupply size 48 regular ?

I have one suitsupply Havana suit size 48R, and fits me well.

The 48 regular measurements of suitsupply SOHO fit and Havana fit are the same, so I think this suit may fit me well.

I lived in Taiwan, do you ship to Taiwan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads