• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Drop in RLPL quality?

drake

Reaction score
I was browsing around last weekend and wandered into the Ralph Lauren store and was checking out their Purple Label trousers and noticed they had plastic buttons and no longer have pick stiching along the fly and pockets like some of my older trousers from them.

Has this Spring season brought in a drop in quality for RLPL?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh. Perhaps it's just a general unevenness of quality, rather than a holistic change lately. I know Polo is plagued with consistency issues.

drake

Reaction score
I don't know how they can justify spending the amount they ask for plastic buttons.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drake
I don't know how they can justify spending the amount they ask for plastic buttons.
Well, they've already established the brand, so I suppose they don't have to to get people to pay those prices.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 54 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 107 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%