Drop-crotch sweatpants?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by theGreyhound, May 17, 2012.

1. theGreyhound

theGreyhound Member

EDIT: I apologize for posting this here, I'm brand new to the forums and I didn't know how to post to another section. Please move the thread to the appropriate location. Sorry and thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm interested in finding some drop-crotch sweatpants like this... preferably in grey or dark grey salt/pepper colour. I can't, however, afford to pay $300.00 or anything like that.

I live in Toronto, but if I can't find them in any stores here for sale, then I'll buy online.

Does anyone know of anything like this that would be in my price range (<$200.00)? I'm a waist 30-32.

Thanks!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. theGreyhound

theGreyhound Member

4. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

If you drop the crotch all the way to the ankles, and then cut it open, the sweatpants become a skirt.

[​IMG]

5. theGreyhound

theGreyhound Member

Nice to have my first post on styleforum be trolled within minutes. Oi. If anyone can actually help me find a pair that would be great. : /

6. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

It's a stupid post, and an utterly moronic garment; helping you find one would be sartorial malpractice. And with the number of lawyers on this board, liability insurance is a bitch.

7. theGreyhound

theGreyhound Member

It's not a stupid post. I'm looking for an item, so I asked for help in tracking it down, as I'm a bit of a newb to this.

If you don't have any advice to offer, then don't post at all.

8. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

:laugh:

Try the Tweetwear & de Nîmes section of Styfo to pick fruits of the low hanging crotch: ---->>>> http://www.styleforum.net/f/13/streetwear-and-denim

9. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

you guys are mean. hey, the greyhound, as f. corbera pointed out, go over to the streetwear forum and look around.

there's even a thread to ask this very type of question.

10. Lel

Lel Senior member

Head over to Streetwear and Denim, its the part of the forum that doesn't aspire to dress like middle management.

As for actual suggestions, Silent by Damir.

Also a DIY guide by a guy on SZ

Good luck and I hope you stick around, SF is actually very accommodating and open to many styles. Don't let your bad experiences give you the wrong impression!

Also don't pay attention to this guy.

You asked a very reasonable question and were specific in your tastes. Most newbies ask stupid questions like "Here's a picture of Brad Pitt but I can only spend 30$, how can I buy this outfit at Walmart?" Posters like the above are just narrow minded, don't let them bother you.

11. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I both ridiculed and helped, which is the way it should be.

12. theGreyhound

theGreyhound Member

Thanks for the tips guys (those of you who were welcoming and friendly!) :). I'll look into that section of the forum now :)

Also, I don't know much about tailoring/customizing clothing but would it be possible for a tailor to make this:

http://store.americanapparel.ca/rsamt400.html?c=Peppered Green

... into a drop-crotch sweatpant? Or would they not have the material to work with?/ Would it be pricey?

13. theGreyhound

theGreyhound Member

I tried to create a thread in the Streetwear & Denim section but it wouldnt post it, informing me that I didn't have the correct privileges... Huh?

14. Lel

Lel Senior member

The material probably isn't best. I'm afraid I can't help you much but you can message the guy who did the guide on SZ, or ask someone in the SW&D to ask for you. I'm not really an expert on this, you should try RANDOM FASHION THOUGHTS for the widest net, or at least ask for material. I'd imagine drop crotch pants have a composition more like viscose and wool rather than fleece (it just won't drape right).

The only other "cheap" brand I could think is maybe Robert Geller Seconds but once again, there are more people knowledgeable than me on SZ and the SW&D section.

15. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Just ask a WASP teenage girl. The ones who live in Forest Hill. I'm sure two maybe three are still left in Toronto.

They've been dressing like that since the 70s . Pisses off the matrons.