• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DROP!! c. 42, 44 BESPOKE SABLE, MINK, CASHMERE, WOOL jacket, cut from English cloth! OFFERS WELCOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AThis is easily the most luxurious fabric I have ever come across--a beautiful blend of sable, mink, cashmere, and wool, although the exact proportions of each are not given.

In addition to the quality of the cloth, the fabric is beautiful--please see my close-ups for some small indication of the lovely herringbone blue, black, and grey weave!

NB: I have a lot of other jackets to post, in most sizes, from 3/2 sack tweeds to exotica like this, so please do keep checking my classifieds!

Although my ignorance prevents me from knowing more about the tailoring house that built this beauty, the quality of both the cloth and the work leads me to believe that it was a very, very good tailoring firm indeed. (I suspect that the odd Playboy" label is un-authorized, and intended to make this jacket appeal to Western-orientated clients.) This jacket is 3/4 canvassed and 3/4 lined, and comes with a single vent and patch pockets, although the shoulders are a tad more padded than the Ivy look would allow. (Not unusually so for normal mainstream jackets, and an easy tailoring fix by your dry-cleaner alterations person if you'd like a more natural look.) It has a spare button on a "giraffe neck" holder behind one of the front buttons. This jacket is in absolutely excellent condition, except for a tiny, single-threadhead flaw in the weave, shown. But this does not appear to be a snag or pull, and can only really be seen if you're looking for it, and on close inspection.

It's hard to price something like this, but following my usual view that it's good to get beautiful items to chaps who might not otherwise have access to them, how about just $45 > 40, or lower offer? After all, how many times will you run across sable and mink in your jacket? ;)

Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 23 1/2 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 20 1/4
Length: 29 1/4

IaExoticJackets177.jpg

Attachments

• IaExoticJackets 182.JPG
    IaExoticJackets 182.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The label says it is from "Play boy cloth center" in Gao Xiong, Taiwan, and made for Mr. Lian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads