Driving your dream car?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by jpticar, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

I driver a Mercedes S class. Would like to get an Aston Martin but I am not fond of the interior (or the price).
    Really, I've always found the Aston's interior to be one of the most beautiful aspects of the car.

The attention to style and detail is simply amazing.

2. Kai

Kai Senior member

I'm driving my dream car.

609rwhp and 609 rwtq. Naturally aspirated. Too many modifications to list.

[​IMG]

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Kai - post more please! You are missed. How are those Lobb bespoke shell cordovans?

4. Kai

Kai Senior member

Kai - post more please! You are missed. How are those Lobb bespoke shell cordovans?

Lobbs are doing well. Gathering more dust than wear, however, as are all of my "nice" clothes.
    I've not been posting because I've become rather unstylish, I'm afraid. I started a new consulting business and I'm working from my home these days. I transact all of my business over the phone or via the internet. I only wear "grown up" clothes about twice a month when I'm actually meeting with clients face to face. Lots of days, I don't ever change out of my pajamas. I haven't bought a tie, or a suit, or a dress shirt, or a pair of dress shoes in over a year.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Lobbs are doing well. Gathering more dust than wear, however, as are all of my "nice" clothes.
    I've not been posting because I've become rather unstylish, I'm afraid. I started a new consulting business and I'm working from my home these days. I transact all of my business over the phone or via the internet. I only wear "grown up" clothes about twice a month when I'm actually meeting with clients face to face. Lots of days, I don't ever change out of my pajamas. I haven't bought a tie, or a suit, or a dress shirt, or a pair of dress shoes in over a year.

Sounds like heaven [​IMG]

6. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I am currently the owner of a '93 Jeep Cherokee Country.

There are far too many cars I'd rather be driving, but the most easily accessible 'dream car' is probably a stock '64 Impala or '66 Galaxie 500, especially since I can't drive a manual.

A buddy had a Buick town and country wagon w/ a 440 Hemi... A car like that gets you out of speeding tickets. He and I were headed back to school from a break doing 100+ only to have the cop pull us over to sneak a peak at the engine.

robbie

7. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Kai, nice to see you back also, and you know, SF isn't just about the clothes....
    A buddy had a Buick town and country wagon w/ a 440 Hemi..
    There are many things wrong with this sentence.

8. suited

suited Senior member

Not my dream car, but still very nice. Love blk on blk. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. mljones99

mljones99 Senior member

While I do like my current car, I would have to say my dream car would be Bentley Continental GT.

10. redgrail

redgrail Senior member

[​IMG] And no, definitely not driving it. Someday...

11. dave

dave Senior member

in a perfect world.

[​IMG]

the Biarritz.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Kai:

[​IMG]

Nice ride!

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

currently: 2004 Mini Cooper

if I had up to 100k to buy any car, I'd still buy another Mini over any other car

now if I had 100+k to buy a car, it'd be the Maserati GranTurismo

my other dream car I wanted and eventually got was a chopped/lowered 54 Chevy Bel Air coupe, but the reality became more of a nightmare/hassle than the dream prior to owning it

14. sonick

sonick Senior member

Currently: 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix

Dream Car (realistic): Mazda Miata (ever since I read Car and Driver's glowing review on the 1998 re-design). Hoping to get a 1st generation in a few months (during winter when convertibles are cheaper)

Dream Car: Mint condition, or fully restored 1969 Datsun 240Z

15. Alfa

Alfa Senior member

I am about to move to a country where the prospect of owning a car just doesn't make sense in terms of expense or hassle (Singapore). But my dream car is definitely a Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Zagato without rust that I could use as a daily driver. Baring that a 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 or a Porsche 356A (not a 90210 speedster!) or an old Citroen DS. Modern cars? Realistically a Mini Cooper S, dreamland an 8C. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]