• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Driving your dream car?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm a man of simple needs...

savvyibd

Reaction score
I driver a Mercedes S class. Would like to get an Aston Martin but I am not fond of the interior (or the price).

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am driving my dream car.

a BMW 3 series convertible, I love it.

If I had to upgrade someday I'd do it to a BMW 6 series convertible.

But I will only upgrade when they put out a model running on Hydrogen or other clean fuel.

Nowadays I don't drive my car much, I move on the train and bicycle. The car gets used only on weekends to carry hot big titted blondes around
wink.gif

KBW

Reaction score
I have my "dream SUV" and my mom has my "dream car". I just traded in my g37 and yukon and got another (my third) range rover but picked up the supercharged version this time around. My mom has a black m6 coupe which I drive much more than she does and it is ridiculous. I would never want anything more than that as I probably wouldn't drive it. I'd like an old convertible Lincoln Continental with suicide doors in a blue grey. I will own one of those in the near future as I'm currently looking for one.

jpticar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by savvyibd
I driver a Mercedes S class. Would like to get an Aston Martin but I am not fond of the interior (or the price).

two aston martin vanquishes flew past me on the NJ Turnpike.....nice ass cars

Spilotro

Reaction score
I'm driving a 2003 Mustang GT, mostly stock. X-pipe, modified airbox, and K&N filter. Good for low 14's, maybe a flat 14.

After I'm out of college, I really want a Cadillac CTS or CTS-V, with all of the options (except for wood accents and maybe no moonroof; they just aren't my style really). However, different wheels are going to be a must, as the look old lady-ish to me.

I'd also love to have a Saleen S302 Extreme Mustang someday. 600+ horsepower makes me hard.

And finally, a 1971 Buick Riviera with a 455. One hell of a classy cruiser, with the power to stomp.

Shraka

Reaction score
My dream car is one that works!

... My car is broken at the moment. It's not even my car that's the problem, it's the stupid immobilizer (which they replaced last week because the old one was broken) that's stopped letting the car start. =_=

Anyway, my dream car for looks and style is actually either a Ferrari F355 or Ferrari F430, but I'd probably take a manual F430 as far as driving experience goes.

My dream garage would consist of:
An Aston Martin DB9 for cruising
A Ferrari F430 for weekend fun
A BMW M3 day driver (probably the E46 model)
A Honda S2000 as a light, checkable fun car that wont get me in as much trouble as the Ferrari.
And a Honda Integra VTiR for my girlfriend.

I'd probably also have a track car or two (Supra RZ, RX7, S2000, S15, M3 CSL, Porsche 911, something like that)

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If your dream car is a formerly expensive car from the '70s or '80s, then I think now is a good time to get one. A lot of those cars aren't expensive--Mercedes SLs, Porsche 928, Maserati Quattroportes, etc.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
If your dream car is a formerly expensive car from the '70s or '80s, then I think now is a good time to get one. A lot of those cars aren't expensive--Mercedes SLs, Porsche 928, Maserati Quattroportes, etc.
True, an MB 560 SEC comes to mind. The main issue would be the lack of technological advances for safety and comfort/convenience. Repairs are not difficult although parts may take a bit of effort to acquire.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
True, an MB 560 SEC comes to mind. The main issue would be the lack of technological advances for safety and comfort/convenience. Repairs are not difficult although parts may take a bit of effort to acquire.
That reminds me of the Benz 450SLC 5.0 and the 500SLC. Lower production numbers than the coveted 300SL but really inexpensive if you can find one. Under $10,000 can get you a very nice one. As well, the early '90s Porsche-collaboration 500E W124 is a fine car although not quite as distinctive looking. I'd say a good maintenance history is important. I wouldn't want to rebuild say a 928 engine or redo the interior of an '80s Maserati.

Beta

Reaction score
current f150 9'' lift...

want: 2002 audi s4....lightly modded to 300+ whp range

bkk

Reaction score
My dream car is a DB9 which get's 50+ MPG. Since that isn't available at the moment, I'm damn happy with my E46 330i. Sexy and practical.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Prices on used 1990+ 928's are somewhat fickle, but their still better than the original MSRP.

I would never want to pay repair or restoration fees on car considered technologically ahead of the competetion in it's time.....however it's still one of my favorite cars.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads