Driving your dream car?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by jpticar, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Please keep in mind, I am not lusting after a mere Viper. I want the Hennessey Venom tuned edition. http://www.supercars.net/cars/3203.html If it was just a plain Viper, I would probably have one at this time.

Hmmm, that one looks kinda fast.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Hennessey is a crazy man, he also does a modified 1000hp Ford GT.

He is indeed a crazy man! I have a close friend that got a Viper years ago (he still has it) and my sister-in-laws brother got an inheritance...and spent all on a Viper and a "snow bird" style camper. [​IMG]

The factory tuned Viper is fairly impressive; it is all low end grunt and muscle. I can just imagine what the Venom version is like [​IMG]

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Hmmm, that one looks kinda fast.

That's why it's my dream car [​IMG] That, and having a 225k two seater you drive probably twice on month on Saturday evening makes a certain statement. I just currently lack that kind of cash to make that particular statement.

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Well I change my mind almost every week as to what car I would like to buy next but here is how things stand today.

What I drive: 2005 G35 Coupe
    What I want: Mercedes C350 4MATIC

5. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

I currently drive what was my dream car ... within reason.

BMW 645 coupe with SMG transmission and optioned to my tastes.

Now, aside from a 650 coupe, I'd have to go way out on a limb for my dream car -- for contemporary vehicles, it would probably be an Audi R8 or a BMW M6, but I doubt I'd ever spend that on a car.

6. jpticar

jpticar Senior member

Please keep in mind, I am not lusting after a mere Viper. I want the Hennessey Venom tuned edition. http://www.supercars.net/cars/3203.html If it was just a plain Viper, I would probably have one at this time.

Even so, the Hennessey Venom costs even more for an interior that is still lacking lol. Dont get me wrong, if I had the money I'd have that car.

7. jpticar

jpticar Senior member

I currently drive what was my dream car ... within reason.

BMW 645 coupe with SMG transmission and optioned to my tastes.

Now, aside from a 650 coupe, I'd have to go way out on a limb for my dream car -- for contemporary vehicles, it would probably be an Audi R8 or a BMW M6, but I doubt I'd ever spend that on a car.

I love the M6. I always here people say that they would get the M5 over the 6 because it has a backseat and all, but screw that. If I were to get a car like that I would probably never have 4 people in it anyway....no need ofr a back seat.

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i would say technically my 'dream' car would be the BMW M5.

i dont know much about it. just read a few things on it and always found it interesting that a classy looking sedan can be so powerful and sportier than even most sports cars.

but however, im not one who is into cars, even if i had millions of dollars i honestly would say i dont think i would even consider anything more than a practical car like a toyota sequoia or something like that.

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Shoe, why not?

10. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

I do not really want to get my dream car. I think it is good to keep dreaming.
    It's good to have something to reach for. Of course, as I've gotten older my "dream cars" have gotten more prosaic.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Shoe, why not?

not sure why. just cars aint my thing. dont get me wrong, if i had millions of dollars, out of the amount i would keep, i would try to get the best house, wardrobe, jewelry and vacations and everything of course. but just not a car. i dont know. i dont really care for it as long as it looks presentable, reliable, safe, decent driving and practical. and gets me from one point a to point b.

12. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Driving a Ford Explorer, would kill for an Aston Martin DB5.

[​IMG]
    This car is glorious. If they had a convertible version, it would be absolute sex.

If it had to be a new model though, I'd go with a DB9 Volante.

JB

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Oh, I absolutely would drive my dream car. I live by a principle of not allowing what was once magic to fade because it is familiar. I've been driving my old Jag (which has always been in my Top 5 cars) for 5 years or so now and it's always a thrill. As is each of the things I enjoy greatly.

Piobaire, the truth is you want the Hennessy because it shares a name with a Cognac, right?

~Huntsman

14. G18C

G18C Well-Known Member

I don't need a car right now, which is good. However, my future ride is going to be a silver anniversary Countach. [​IMG] A highly impractical car to drive but its vintage design is the best I've seen hitherto.

15. A Y

A Y Senior member

Unfortunately, two of my three dream cars are pretty unattainable or unaffordable --- the McLaren F1 and the Porsche Carrera GT. The third is probably more trouble than it's worth: an E38 7-series with a transplanted S62 V8 and gearbox from the E39 M5. Throw in some aftermarket suspension, big brake kit, big BBS RC wheels, and a nice audio system, and the black/black sedan would be perfect. Of course, I get to keep all of my current cars, too.

--Andre