Driving Heel Scuff

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by addedfuel, Apr 22, 2013.

1. addedfuel

addedfuel Senior member

I don't presume I am the only one to get scuff mark on my right heel from the movements of my right foot when driving. Any suggestions or it's life?![​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alvinbmx

Alvinbmx Senior member

You might want to try positioning your foot differently. Try resting your foot on the sole part instead of the leather.

3. Snaporaz

Snaporaz Active Member

It's not a universal problem, but you're certainly not the only one: that's why the gommini- the rubber nibs on the soles of driving shoes- extend onto the back of the shoe.

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I remember seeing a floor mat with a thick fleecy lamb's wool pad under the pedals advertised in Air Mall or some other in-flight magazine.

5. addedfuel

addedfuel Senior member

It's a little late in life to learn to reposition my driving posture though I'll try but lambswool carpeting sounds interesting but a bit over the top.

6. GBR

GBR Senior member

Just polish them some might even call it patina but few will down mark you for it.

7. Alvinbmx

Alvinbmx Senior member

Yeah it might seem a little late in life to adapt a different posture but once it become a habit, your problem will be gone. Unless you are driving a super low car like a Lamborghini or something, you can just reposition your foot instead of having the lambs wool carpet. Don't forget the sand and dirt from the road will mess up the carpet.

Or like what GBR said, it will just be a good patina.

8. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

I like to get out of my lace-ups and put on driving shoes that I leave in the car when I drive for more than half an hour. That's one solution. Otherwise, yes, reposition one's foot.