• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drive

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
Watch this film.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
Really, like... I haven't been coiled up/had as much fun at the movies in years. It's got as much tension as Munich and as an exercise in style it's probably the first post-Tarantino movie other than Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels and a handful of other films to be as well done. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

No one else has seen this thing or been excited about it?

Last edited:

dwyhajlo

Reaction score

Really, like... I haven't been coiled up/had as much fun at the movies in years. It's got as much tension as Munich and as an exercise in style it's probably the first post-Tarantino movie other than Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels and a handful of other films to be as well done. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

No one else has seen this thing or been excited about it?

I'm excited to see it. Might be the first movie I see in an actual theater in years. Refn is great.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

I'm excited to see it. Might be the first movie I see in an actual theater in years. Refn is great.

Prepare to be amazed. Incredible. The audience I watched it with was transfixed and dead silent for good 20 minute blocks. Some incredible, incredible scenes. And I'm not talking the car chases. A party scene, a scene in a club, a normal conversation in a kitchen. Incredible cinematography, great score, great lighting, great sets, great blocking, wardrobe, acting. Refn films night time L.A. like he's taking nude photos of his girlfriend. It's the first film I've been really excited about in years. I think it will go down as a classic.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw this. It rules. Someone said the first fifteen minutes are the best part of any movie this year, and that's probably right. But the rest of the movie is amazing as well.

Albert Brooks as a villain is ASTOUNDING. I love him in this role.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously, who would have expected Albert Brooks as a bad guy? But he's the best bad guy I can recall in a long time.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

Seriously, who would have expected Albert Brooks as a bad guy? But he's the best bad guy I can recall in a long time.

I liked that he was an antagonist via utility. By no means was he a good person, but it's nice to see someone capable of doing what he did in a film, minus some form of psychosis. Very believable (though realism really isn't what this film is after) and distinctive in terms of characterization.

Last edited:

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

You guys sound like you haven't seen any of Refn's other films before.

I've seen his earlier efforts. I think. The Pusher movies, right? I haven't seen Valhalla Rising or whatever.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

i haven't seen any of his other films.....i thought the few scenes of brutality in the movie were outstanding.

I thought what occurred around the brutality was way more fascinating. Jesus. The elevator scene in the film equivalent of mixed mania.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Brooks was great but I don't think the storyline was all that special. I was a bit disappointed.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads