• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drinking a lot of alcohol and working the next day?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
ok well that's what I do, but I also drink far more than most people.

Just try and space out the drinking of the water so you rehydrate. I think 3 big glasses is a good suggestion. For me, nothing in the world feels better than waking up the next day then going immediately to the fridge and downing a bottle of water or gatorade.

Agreed on all points.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
ok well that's what I do, but I also drink far more than most people.

Just try and space out the drinking of the water so you rehydrate. I think 3 big glasses is a good suggestion. For me, nothing in the world feels better than waking up the next day then going immediately to the fridge and downing a bottle of water or gatorade.

Also, agreed.

Nothing beats drinking ice cold water in the morning after waking up. Caffeine, also helps get you over a hang over in the morning (But beware of sugar packed Monster/Redbulls, sugar rush and then low blood sugar).

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Also, agreed.

Nothing beats drinking ice cold water in the morning after waking up. Caffeine, also helps get you over a hang over in the morning (But beware of sugar packed Monster/Redbulls, sugar rush and then low blood sugar).

I used to drink a lot of milk in the mornings. Like a quart or more when I was living in the dorms. I have pretty much cut plain milk completely from my diet, but a milkshake on a rough day is still good. Gets some sugar, some fat, some protein and some water going to revitalize things.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Also, agreed.

I think 100% cranberry juice (ice cold in the fridge) satisfies me the best the morning after drinking, where I wake up at 7am, go to the fridge, get a drink, and then fall back asleep for a while.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think about it, it's kind of marsupialed because you do something to yourself that makes you wake up with a throat so incredibly dry, and a heat stroke type headache (when it's really bad), so you gorge yourself on some water and you feel better. It's kind of like making a 3 inch deep cut into your abdomen then shooting up morphine to relieve the pain...

luckily the only thing I suffer from the morning after is dry mouth and throat which i fix in about 3 minutes. Some people's entire day is ruined.

Aristocrat

Reaction score
One thing that works for me if you don't like to drink 2 litres of water, drink abou 1 litre of Pepsi max, that is my favourite drink of all time luckely, before you go to bed the drinking day.

Works every time, and every time its a pleasure
smile.gif

chrysalid

Reaction score
i used to make s fresh banana milkshake, i read somewhere that increasing your potassium levels is good when hungover.

WN2

Reaction score
Drinking water helps, yes. But only so much, if you drink 3 sixpacks and go to sleep for 5 hours before waking up for work, you're in for a very ****** day. Ice cold Coca-Cola is my drink of choice in the morning, it has saved my life many many times.

Of course, everyone has a different definition of a hangover. If I'm capable of making a fresh banana milkshake, I wouldn't say that I'm having a hangover 8)

otterhound

Reaction score
Man you guys are macho... A bottle of wine and half a fifth of scotch? I'd be brutally hungover for 2 days.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
I played dumb, fearful they would think I understood too much and kill me.
You a big Jill Carroll fan, John?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually have a bad stomach the morning after. This is likely the result of the Kebab or Turkish Pizza that I seem to order on the way home.

I am contemplating keeping something in the fridge for drunk time

K

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once in my entire godforsaken life, I went to work, not simply hungover, but still inebriated from the previous evening's activity. I would have called in sick, but deadlines were looming, and my absence would have been both noticed and unappreciated. I remember it being one of the most brutal days of my professional career.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Start drinking more every night and that will make it easier to go into work when you are really drunk.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
You a big Jill Carroll fan, John?

I am Jill Carroll.

carlhuber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
I think 100% cranberry juice (ice cold in the fridge) satisfies me the best the morning after drinking, where I wake up at 7am, go to the fridge, get a drink, and then fall back asleep for a while.

Cranberry juice is a rather powerful diuretic. That's why they have you drink a ton of it if you have a UTI. I can't imagine how this would help you recover from dehydration.

Once in a while I'll drink so much on a Friday night that I forget to stop drinking on Saturday....and on to Sunday as well.... That makes Mondays particularly annoying not so much for the hangover (I don't suffer nearly as much as anyone else I know), but because I'm mad at myself for being so stupid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics