• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+ DRIES VAN NOTEN +

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow the embroidery on the arms of those coats is intense. thanks for sharing.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yeah pretty intense. I guess a lot of the prints and ornamentation is inspired by Miao China.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Corner link: http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/men/dries-van-noten

I'm going to ask you guys a favor, which is to put in a link to the product page. Styleforum gets credit, and revenues, when someone, whether a regular, or a passerby, clicks through, and makes a purchase during a specific window of time. It costs you nothing, and it helps us keep the lights on, and pay Japser, and other good stuff.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But is the pay to Japser just funding his ******* habbit?

Anyone picking up any of these style shirts? They are looking surprisingly awesome and more wearable esp after Parker's last wywt fit. Before I only really saw them as great runway pieces, but hrmmm.

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/long-sleeve-shirt_cod38432310qs.html etc

MV99

Reaction score
How does Dries usually run in size, is it true or does it run small, specifically pants and tops,

I'm looking at FW2014 if it matters

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience it is for most pieces that aren't clearly loose/oversized -- it is cut for a fairly slim man. I normally wear 50/52 in most brands. For dries it has been consistently 52-54 for both blazers/shirts/jackets and some bottoms, with tailoring in addition.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
sizing can be all over the place, but mostly TTS ime. the more current seasons seem to fit slimmer than earlier ones. A lot of Dries suit jackets and blazers have really narrow shoulders so not great for built up dudes. I just checked out the SS15 stuff at MAC and the suits were super slim. I'm usually 48 but even the 50 felt narrow. the AW14 moto pants seem to fit more true fwiw.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience dress shirts and suiting are about 1/2 to a full size tight and everything else is TTS.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you're on the short side and have broad shoulders you can forget about a good fit otr for blazers/suit-jackets

pants are pretty tts unless you have thunder thighs

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may have been answered before, but I don't know what terms I can use to search...this has been low-key bugging me for some time. Is there a reason that the jackets (and to an extent, the shirts and bottoms) bounce between the S-M-L-XL sizing notation and numerical sizing (48-50-52)? Are there different lines within the label involved? Does it have to do with the manufacturing country? I originally assumed the numbers were for more "formal" pieces and the letters where for more "casual/sporty". Nope.

Last edited:

Delanho

Reaction score
I know Dries often gets pretty heavily discounted during sale seasons and such.. where do you guys usually buy dries below retail? Also, is the flagship store in Antwerp worth the visit from Amsterdam? I'll be there for 6 days this summer and was considering making a day trip.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads