1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

DRIES VAN NOTEN SS2015

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the shah, Jun 26, 2014.

1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

some nice details

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. superego

superego Senior member

subscribed

less wearable than past collections, but no shortage of inspiration. jackets are standouts

3. 1969

1969 Senior member

Not crazy at all. I'd say it sums up Dries himself. Looks like a history teacher but turns out to be cooler than everyone you know.

1 person likes this.
  4. sipang

sipang Senior member

So Parker posted the show video in the DVN thread and Somewhat relevant, the music used in the show was composed by Thierry De Mey and Peter Vermeersch as soundtrack to Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker's dance piece Rosas Danst Rosas first performed in 1983. It's the inaugural work of her dance company Rosas founded the same year and for which Dries Van Noten has been a frequent costume designer over the years (Drumming, 1998; Rain, 2001; Raga for the Rainy Season / A Love Supreme, 2005)
    A performance of Rosas Danst Rosas was put to film by Thierry De Mey in 1997, it's much shorter than the orginal piece which is about 110min long. Here's most of it, it's worth a watch if you have 1/2 hour to kill (or jump to part 2 if you're in a hurry) and are not allergic to contemporary dance.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    3 people like this.
  5. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member

I don't know shit about designer clothing. Where exactly should I look to find these pieces for sale? Have all the stockists already moved on?

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

???? dries stockists don't move on... many stores would immolate themselves to carry dries.

you can find dries men's in nyc at barney's, jeffrey, opening ceremony, if and after next saturday at totokaelo. guys am I forgetting any?

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

MAC in San Francisco carries Dries, but you'll have to call in orders. Haven't stopped in for a while, so not sure what their buy looked like.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  8. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant from this SS15 collection.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

We just listed a bunch of stockists. Call/e-mail and ask?