"dressy" sandals

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seoulfully, Aug 10, 2006.

1. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

hey all -

I'm normally against sandals (or "mandels" if you druther), save (even though I know many here and those sartorially minded in general tend to frown on them) flip-flops/thongs. But I am going to a beach wedding in Cabo San Lucas soon and need appropriate footware. I'd prefer "dressy" leather flip-flops, but am open to suggestions on sandals as well. FWIW, my suit is a white/light light cream cotton suit (ugh, just a crappy fused suit, but didn't want to buy a one use white suit... though i did miss out last month on a NICE RLPL white linen blazer). I was thinking a lighter brown (caramel or there abouts) leather sandal, but hey I'm posting for suggestions. thanks.

2. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Now would be a good time to go for the Suit + Shorts look [​IMG]

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Tod's and the like make sandals that are a cut above the cheap looking ones.

4. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

5. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

i didn't even think of espadrilles. that'd be great too i think. thanks for the suggestions everyone, keep them coming. thanks!

6. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

I have some nice caramel brown fisherman's sandals from Cole Haan. You might see what they have.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

seoulfully, is your name referring to Seoul, Korea?
    cool.
    i was born in Seoul.

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

seoulfully, is your name referring to Seoul, Korea?
    cool.
    i was born in Seoul.

diorshoe, is your name referring to christian? [​IMG]

seriously, if the beach is clean enough i'd go barefoot. besides, leather sandals are not meant for beaches- sand and seawater can definitely ruin the leather.

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I have some Tommy Bahama sandals that are quite dressy, but I would try them on before buying, they're slightly narrow for me, as I have relatively wide feet, but would likely work for most people.

10. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

diorshoe, is your name referring to christian? [​IMG]

seriously, if the beach is clean enough i'd go barefoot. besides, leather sandals are not meant for beaches- sand and seawater can definitely ruin the leather.

i thought about that, but it was nixed by my friend. the thought of espadrilles has caught me though. i've been looking for a pair anyways.

yeah, leather and sand and seawater is not a nice mix. that's one of the few reasons i wasn't looking for "quality" here (same as the suit). just don't wear enough to justify spending.

(btw, yes, my handle is a reference to seoul, korea. i'm not from there, though i have some family still there. been one of my regular handles for almost 10 years now)

thanks all for the suggestions.

11. itsfatboy

itsfatboy New Member

I have a pair of Merrel black leather sandals I blought last summer in Toronto for $100CAD. Very comfy, looks great, lining is like the wetsuit material.

I believe they are called Miami.

[​IMG]