1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

"dressy" sandals

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seoulfully, Aug 10, 2006.

1. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

hey all -

I'm normally against sandals (or "mandels" if you druther), save (even though I know many here and those sartorially minded in general tend to frown on them) flip-flops/thongs. But I am going to a beach wedding in Cabo San Lucas soon and need appropriate footware. I'd prefer "dressy" leather flip-flops, but am open to suggestions on sandals as well. FWIW, my suit is a white/light light cream cotton suit (ugh, just a crappy fused suit, but didn't want to buy a one use white suit... though i did miss out last month on a NICE RLPL white linen blazer). I was thinking a lighter brown (caramel or there abouts) leather sandal, but hey I'm posting for suggestions. thanks.

2. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Now would be a good time to go for the Suit + Shorts look [​IMG]

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Tod's and the like make sandals that are a cut above the cheap looking ones.

4. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

5. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

i didn't even think of espadrilles. that'd be great too i think. thanks for the suggestions everyone, keep them coming. thanks!

6. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

I have some nice caramel brown fisherman's sandals from Cole Haan. You might see what they have.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

seoulfully, is your name referring to Seoul, Korea?
    cool.
    i was born in Seoul.

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

seoulfully, is your name referring to Seoul, Korea?
    cool.
    i was born in Seoul.

diorshoe, is your name referring to christian? [​IMG]

seriously, if the beach is clean enough i'd go barefoot. besides, leather sandals are not meant for beaches- sand and seawater can definitely ruin the leather.

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I have some Tommy Bahama sandals that are quite dressy, but I would try them on before buying, they're slightly narrow for me, as I have relatively wide feet, but would likely work for most people.

10. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

diorshoe, is your name referring to christian? [​IMG]

seriously, if the beach is clean enough i'd go barefoot. besides, leather sandals are not meant for beaches- sand and seawater can definitely ruin the leather.

i thought about that, but it was nixed by my friend. the thought of espadrilles has caught me though. i've been looking for a pair anyways.

yeah, leather and sand and seawater is not a nice mix. that's one of the few reasons i wasn't looking for "quality" here (same as the suit). just don't wear enough to justify spending.

(btw, yes, my handle is a reference to seoul, korea. i'm not from there, though i have some family still there. been one of my regular handles for almost 10 years now)

thanks all for the suggestions.

11. itsfatboy

itsfatboy New Member

I have a pair of Merrel black leather sandals I blought last summer in Toronto for $100CAD. Very comfy, looks great, lining is like the wetsuit material.

I believe they are called Miami.

[​IMG]