• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressing in all black

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Why would you want to do this?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I know this will come as a shock but the codes aren't the same in say Florida and NYC. I'd have a hard time wearing all black in the former but no problem in the later...

I realize that although I live in a relatively dressy Florida town due to the capital, the rest of the state is horribly dressed by and large.

Still, all black, without, as you said, mixing up textures or shades, looks like you're trying too hard. And honestly, my point still stands. Fuuma, you and I probably would write each other off if we met. I'd be a redneck rube in your eyes, you'd be a pretentious douche in mine. No harm in that.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
http://www.acquiremag.com/style/clot...oyage.php#More

Scrolling down and seeing those trainers:
ffffuuuu.gif

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Why would you want to do this?
co signed. Sounds like something a 16 year old would consider (yes, i know i´ll be flamed for this).

Quixotic

Reaction score
You can dress in all black as long as the shades are different. I primarily wear all black with grays and whites thrown in there. Christian Brylle has an impeccable style and tends to wear a lot of all black outfits. It's not because he's attractive. Simple all black style works. Extensive layering with all black is a little harder.
christian-brylle.jpg

word

Reaction score
I like black jeans more than indigo ones. Don't have any black shoes but I have dark gray boots that go well with said black jeans. Most of my shirts are dark as I don't like contrasting dark pants with a light shirt it doesn't look right for casual wear. Unless that light shirt is part of a layer or something. So it will be like black jeans and a charcoal shirt or a gray shirt or a very dark shade of a color. lol@ Ian Malcom comment. Hold onto yer butts.
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
I wear all black. If you don't like it, you can ************* in your own asshole with your multicolored neo-prep madras J Crew bullshit.
As much as I like to rag on J. Crew they had some nicely colored dark t-shirts last fall. Actually I just checked it out they still have the marled charcoal, faded black and vintage sage colors that I like. Everything else is still wanna-be sailboat captain though, as expected.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Why do people talk about swagger like it's something they can find and buy on Yoox with a discount code and free shipping?

I don't know if they sell it on Yoox...

bd624e47a078b4aa959e074d1dd66129.png

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Colors

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
I don't know if they sell it on Yoox...

bd624e47a078b4aa959e074d1dd66129.png
Wow. Axe must be ******* PISSED ol' Red beat them to the punch. They should have had one less Red Bull vodka lunch break and one more marketing meeting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads