• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressing for my prom/grad night!!

Jerseyseven

Reaction score
The theme for that night is monochrome. Everything you wear must be of the same shade!! I need help with formal wear!!! I wanna know what colour should I go for!!! I am 16 yr old and 1.7m tall( Average height in Singapore). Can I wear sneakers like Kanye West??

kohelet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerseyseven
The theme for that night is monochrome. Everything you wear must be of the same shade!! I need help with formal wear!!! I wanna know what colour should I go for!!! I am 16 yr old and 1.7m tall( Average height in Singapore). Can I wear sneakers like Kanye West??

You want formal wear yet you're asking to look like a rapper -_-

junior varsity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kohelet
You want formal wear yet you're asking to look like a rapper -_-

facepalm.gif

rappers def do formal wear...
check out lil-wayne in some of his music videos

kohelet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by junior varsity
facepalm.gif

rappers def do formal wear...
check out lil-wayne in some of his music videos

Um yeah not really my type of music althought I did see the video with him and nicki minaj. He does the preppy rebel chic look. Kanye is an ok dresser. Sean Jean is better. Jay Z looks okay.

If you want to emulate a monochrome artist's style. Go for Robin Thicke.
teacha.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go for light gray suit, black shoes, white shirt, gray tie, white pocket square. That's what I would do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads