1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dressing for a Date

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cahlersmeyer, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Barnabus

Barnabus Senior member

ok, fuck the details and what anyone else will or wont say about your brands of clothing

what truly matters is that you wear whats comfortable to you. if you wear whats comfortable, you'll come across genuine and relaxed. if you wear something thats not you, you'll be a little more on edge and with doubt. a good 95% of getting a chick is confidence confidence confidence. thats it.

wear clothing that you are confident in. if that's a pair of dockers, then you'll do better in them than a pair of loaks you feel like a fake in.

and if you wear what is truly you, whatever that is, it lets her decide if she likes who you are, not some silly front you're anticipating she might like.

this guy hit the nail on the head listen to him

2. aguydude

aguydude Senior member

just wear what you wore when you met her the first place. Don't change your whole wardrobe just because it's a date, that's so try-hard.

3. DaveDr89

DaveDr89 Senior member

for college student attire those clothes, although not my cup of tea, are probably ahead of the curve. don't overdo it trying to impress here either. college guys don't get laid b/c they dress well, they get laid b/c they are confident. the clothes will be more of a factor as you get older.

4. cahlersmeyer

cahlersmeyer Senior member

I'm def. not changing my wardrobe for her by any means, I've always dressed pretty much the same, I just wanted to do something new and fresh and i haven't worn before. But I am not changing myself for her at all.

Thank you for your opinions!!

5. DavidinGray

DavidinGray Well-Known Member

I would substitute the express jeans for a pair in a plain wash, such as these:
    http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...194290.3692026
    A jean with such a pronounced distressing effect won't very well compliment an otherwise lush-looking sweater. The shoes are not as bad as others have said, and I've always felt that a man comfortable in $50 shoes will always look much better than a man uncomfortable in $600 shoes.

Good luck on your date.

DIG

PS: I know you're a college student, but I would stay away from Express clothing in most scenarios. Overpriced and without the quality to back it up; there are much better options for the money. Just my $0.02.

6. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

again, don't knock the prices/brands im doing what i can as a poor college student
    Those shoes [​IMG] You'd be much better off with a pair of Clark's Desert Boots. Also, they're significantly more versatile. They run 1/2 size large, so take that into mind when ordering. And it it's between Chucks or the Dockers, I would take the Chucks. By a landslide.

7. AThingForCashmere

AThingForCashmere Senior member

I'm def. not changing my wardrobe for her by any means, I've always dressed pretty much the same, I just wanted to do something new and fresh and i haven't worn before. But I am not changing myself for her at all. Thank you for your opinions!!
    If your date is worth dating, aim to get to know her and don't worry about getting laid. This way you'll get laid. [​IMG]

8. CashmereLover

CashmereLover Senior member

Oh, and [​IMG]

+1 [​IMG]

9. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

yeah they are a slim boot cut pair of jeans so they won't look awkward.
    thank you everyone for the positive comments.
    everyone else, im a poor college student and don't have the funds to drop on a more expensive pair of shoes. i like them and they look good on me and thats what matters.

If you like them and they look good on you, then you shouldnt go around asking for opinions about them?

Honestly, I worked through college and made enough to buy what I wanted, so did alot of my friends. Hell, one of them bought a stainless/gold Breitling with the money he made trading stocks and interning while in school. So thats not a passable defense in my opinion.

10. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

How about this?

[​IMG]

11. Barnabus

Barnabus Senior member

How about this?

[​IMG]

or maybe this as well[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Glados1984

Glados1984 Senior member

How about this?

[​IMG]

ahahahahahahhahahaha /thread

13. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

The color of those shoes is nice, but the shoes themselves are horrible.

But keep in mind that women can sense immediately when a man is trying to impress them - and that's a turnoff to many, if not most.

14. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Chicks dig ugly shoes on guys. You should be good to go with your outfit.

Actually, that seems to be the case time and again!

I was out on a "shopping date" with a girl recently. She took me to Aldo and showed me all the shoes she loved there - they were all ugly, square-toed, cheap-looking, typical Aldo-style. Then I took her to a RL store and showed her the RLPL Denver in dark brown. Her eyes almost popped out and she said: "Wow! These shoes are WAY better than any of those ones! There is no comparison!"

She's learning... :)

15. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

If your date is worth dating, aim to get to know her and don't worry about getting laid.

This way you'll get laid. [​IMG]

+100000000000000

16. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

First date: Casual but not careless. Don't dress to impress. Just make sure your clothes are clean and don't have any holes or tears. The first date is always supposed to be inexpensive (but not Burger King), daytime or early evening, public places, no going into the other's home unless family present. Going out with a group is the safest. Tell her in advance where you're going so she won't freak out about her clothes and hair. NO SEX. Do yourself a big favor and masturbate a couple of hours beforehand. Get that stress level low. Don't talk a lot, let her ramble on and be positive about her opinions. Say a lot of things like "uh, huh" and "what did you do next?" Don't drag out the goodbye, be cool about parting.

Second date: not pricey, but better be nice atmosphere and service. Second date is all about flirting. Be playful. Dress up some since you're making more effort for her enjoyment. Kissing great, some touching, no heavy pressure to make out. Sex not recommended this early in the relationship if you want to have months or even years of sex with her.

Third date: if you don't score, you did something wrong. Women know that the third date ends in sex, so if she accepts your invitation, she's expecting you to be manly and mature and romantic.

17. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

First date: Casual but not careless. Don't dress to impress. Just make sure your clothes are clean and don't have any holes or tears. The first date is always supposed to be inexpensive (but not Burger King), daytime or early evening, public places, no going into the other's home unless family present. Going out with a group is the safest. Tell her in advance where you're going so she won't freak out about her clothes and hair. NO SEX. Do yourself a big favor and masturbate a couple of hours beforehand. Get that stress level low. Don't talk a lot, let her ramble on and be positive about her opinions. Say a lot of things like "uh, huh" and "what did you do next?" Don't drag out the goodbye, be cool about parting.

Second date: not pricey, but better be nice atmosphere and service. Second date is all about flirting. Be playful. Dress up some since you're making more effort for her enjoyment. Kissing great, some touching, no heavy pressure to make out. Sex not recommended this early in the relationship if you want to have months or even years of sex with her.

Third date: if you don't score, you did something wrong. Women know that the third date ends in sex, so if she accepts your invitation, she's expecting you to be manly and mature and romantic.

I agree with the above advice in general, except the 3rd date part. Just because a woman accepts your invitation to a 3rd date doesn't necessarily mean she has sex on her mind. Many women go out with a guy just because he is spending money on them even if they have no intention of sleeping with him. Many women are happy to provide "company for money", as they (proudly) call it.

The 3rd date should be the filter to see whether she is interested in something or whether she is just stringing you along and enjoying the "wining and dining". You'd be surprised how many fall into the latter category!

18. rexthedestroyer

rexthedestroyer Senior member

Every girl I know understands that if by the 3rd date sex doesn't happen, then she is not really in to the dude, and that the dude will not stick around after that.

I am in a position where I am approaching the 3rd date with woman. If nothing happens I am out like fire. I think she has been holding out to the third date so she doesn't feel like a slut. I respect that.

Too bad for her, I have already mentally kicked her out of my life and I am only waiting to "close the deal" before I delete her number. [​IMG]

19. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

If she is blind and does not see your shoes....you will be set!

20. DavidinGray

DavidinGray Well-Known Member

Every girl I know understands that if by the 3rd date sex doesn't happen, then she is not really in to the dude, and that the dude will not stick around after that.

I am in a position where I am approaching the 3rd date with woman. If nothing happens I am out like fire. I think she has been holding out to the third date so she doesn't feel like a slut. I respect that.

Too bad for her, I have already mentally kicked her out of my life and I am only waiting to "close the deal" before I delete her number. [​IMG]

You are a pig.

DIG