• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dressing almost entirely from the Charles Tyrwhitt catalogue?

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
FORMAL: -

I've been buying CT Shirts since 1991.., my current favourites (in slim fit) are Sea Island 'Twill' - you need to get the Twill over the Sea Island 'Poplin' as I think the sheen on the shirts make it look a higher quality, especially the on the white.

Currently in the UK you can buy 4 for £180GBP, which at first seems pricey but we are talking about their higher end shirts. Normal poplin would sell for about 40% less.

In between I have sometimes switched to Pink or TM Lewin, but usually with Pink on a 16.5" collar I have to reduce size 35" sleeves to 34", and their slim fit seems more generous cut. TM Lewin - last time I purchased, were 33.5" sleeves which were too small.

Regards suits., I went into their Jermyn Street store 2-weeks ago and wasn't very taken with their Travel suit range. To be honest they looked a bit basic - although well priced. Two seasons ago they had Navy Sharkskin and Grey Sharksin which were great looking suits @ £250GBP each, and I bought one of each. I wish I had the forsight to buy two of each as I can't get same suits anywhere else.

Formal shoes are great, and I've never had cause for complaint.

Ties., only very rarely I'll see a tie that I like. I mostly buy Thomas Pink.

Links., well priced but usually not the most tasteful designs. I'd rather spend a few extra bob and buy at Links of London or Tateossian

CASUAL: -

To be honest they're not at the races for me here. I think Thomas Pink do better casual range, or you could even buy Pinks more dressier slim fit formal shirts for casual wear which I've done on a few ocassions. I think CT's check shirts, polo and rugby tops are very unattractive.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40