• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressing almost entirely from the Charles Tyrwhitt catalogue?

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
FORMAL: -

I've been buying CT Shirts since 1991.., my current favourites (in slim fit) are Sea Island 'Twill' - you need to get the Twill over the Sea Island 'Poplin' as I think the sheen on the shirts make it look a higher quality, especially the on the white.

Currently in the UK you can buy 4 for £180GBP, which at first seems pricey but we are talking about their higher end shirts. Normal poplin would sell for about 40% less.

In between I have sometimes switched to Pink or TM Lewin, but usually with Pink on a 16.5" collar I have to reduce size 35" sleeves to 34", and their slim fit seems more generous cut. TM Lewin - last time I purchased, were 33.5" sleeves which were too small.

Regards suits., I went into their Jermyn Street store 2-weeks ago and wasn't very taken with their Travel suit range. To be honest they looked a bit basic - although well priced. Two seasons ago they had Navy Sharkskin and Grey Sharksin which were great looking suits @ £250GBP each, and I bought one of each. I wish I had the forsight to buy two of each as I can't get same suits anywhere else.

Formal shoes are great, and I've never had cause for complaint.

Ties., only very rarely I'll see a tie that I like. I mostly buy Thomas Pink.

Links., well priced but usually not the most tasteful designs. I'd rather spend a few extra bob and buy at Links of London or Tateossian

CASUAL: -

To be honest they're not at the races for me here. I think Thomas Pink do better casual range, or you could even buy Pinks more dressier slim fit formal shirts for casual wear which I've done on a few ocassions. I think CT's check shirts, polo and rugby tops are very unattractive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads