• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress ze Fuuma

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Ok, I have to eventually pack and my current interest in dressy dressing is making something that usually takes 10 minutes and not a lot of thinking into a perplexing exercise. Keep in mind I'll be mainly attending dark designer's shows + some of "˜em Belgians and doing a lot of walking because I like it. No official dress code anywhere. I sorta like to travel relatively light. Provide rationale or alternative choices if possible.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Ok, I have to eventually pack and my current interest in dressy dressing is making something that usually takes 10 minutes and not a lot of thinking into a perplexing exercise. Keep in mind I'll be mainly attending dark designer's shows + some of "˜em Belgians and doing a lot of walking because I like it. No official dress code anywhere. I sorta like to travel relatively light. Provide rationale or alternative choices if possible.

A t-shirt, a zip-up hoodie, a pair of tracksuit trousers and white sneakers. At least you'll be noticed!
wink.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Is this public, can a mod change it. I suck
You have to make a new poll, but next time tell us where you are going. An interview, perhaps? The obvious choice would be brown tweed and a striped tie with brown suede captoes. Oops. I see you said where you were going. I'd go with the normal Fuuma uniform. Seems better to go to a designer's show in something that is really you than to risk looking like you are wearing a designer get-up that isn't, though from seeing the TB stuff on you, that shouldn't be a problem. Either that or the tweed.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
You have to make a new poll, but next time tell us where you are going. An interview, perhaps? The obvious choice would be brown
tweed and a striped tie with brown suede captoes.

Oops. I see you said where you were going. I'd go with the normal Fuuma uniform. Seems better to go to a designer's show in something that is really you than to risk looking like you are wearing a designer get-up that isn't, though from seeing the TB stuff on you, that shouldn't be a problem. Either that or the tweed.

Surely but the other stuff is basically a more extreme recombination of the fuumaniform that removes the contrast between the two directions. In other words I own it, I wear it and I'm comfortable in it. I also don't give a flying **** about the opinion of any of the people there aside from a few friends.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bring one or two suits, plus your normal fuumauniform. Normal steez for comfort, suits if the events call for dress up. Don't forget your dress shoes.

Somehow this would seem sensible to me.

Are belgians really that into gothninja? Although you would look like alot of those gothninjas profilerating fashion shows (not a bad thing...but it isn't that individualistic)

I luv peach girl...maybe dress like her and try to promote anime....

Tardek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
A t-shirt, a zip-up hoodie, a pair of tracksuit trousers and white sneakers. At least you'll be noticed!
wink.gif

You could tell people you're a rapper to get away with it?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Dress the way you did when we hung out. I think that was the Fummaform.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads