• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dress ze Fuuma

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Ok, I have to eventually pack and my current interest in dressy dressing is making something that usually takes 10 minutes and not a lot of thinking into a perplexing exercise. Keep in mind I'll be mainly attending dark designer's shows + some of "˜em Belgians and doing a lot of walking because I like it. No official dress code anywhere. I sorta like to travel relatively light. Provide rationale or alternative choices if possible.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Ok, I have to eventually pack and my current interest in dressy dressing is making something that usually takes 10 minutes and not a lot of thinking into a perplexing exercise. Keep in mind I'll be mainly attending dark designer's shows + some of "˜em Belgians and doing a lot of walking because I like it. No official dress code anywhere. I sorta like to travel relatively light. Provide rationale or alternative choices if possible.

A t-shirt, a zip-up hoodie, a pair of tracksuit trousers and white sneakers. At least you'll be noticed!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Is this public, can a mod change it. I suck
You have to make a new poll, but next time tell us where you are going. An interview, perhaps? The obvious choice would be brown tweed and a striped tie with brown suede captoes. Oops. I see you said where you were going. I'd go with the normal Fuuma uniform. Seems better to go to a designer's show in something that is really you than to risk looking like you are wearing a designer get-up that isn't, though from seeing the TB stuff on you, that shouldn't be a problem. Either that or the tweed.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
You have to make a new poll, but next time tell us where you are going. An interview, perhaps? The obvious choice would be brown
tweed and a striped tie with brown suede captoes.

Oops. I see you said where you were going. I'd go with the normal Fuuma uniform. Seems better to go to a designer's show in something that is really you than to risk looking like you are wearing a designer get-up that isn't, though from seeing the TB stuff on you, that shouldn't be a problem. Either that or the tweed.

Surely but the other stuff is basically a more extreme recombination of the fuumaniform that removes the contrast between the two directions. In other words I own it, I wear it and I'm comfortable in it. I also don't give a flying fuck about the opinion of any of the people there aside from a few friends.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bring one or two suits, plus your normal fuumauniform. Normal steez for comfort, suits if the events call for dress up. Don't forget your dress shoes.

Somehow this would seem sensible to me.

Are belgians really that into gothninja? Although you would look like alot of those gothninjas profilerating fashion shows (not a bad thing...but it isn't that individualistic)

I luv peach girl...maybe dress like her and try to promote anime....

Tardek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
A t-shirt, a zip-up hoodie, a pair of tracksuit trousers and white sneakers. At least you'll be noticed!

You could tell people you're a rapper to get away with it?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Dress the way you did when we hung out. I think that was the Fummaform.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40