• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dress the Foo: Firm Holiday Party

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Okay, so the firm is throwing a holiday party tonight at a fancy hotel. My wife will be with me, and she's wearing a black dress. I've settled on a white shirt, dark tie, and black does. But what suit do I wear: charcoal single-breasted or grey flannel double breasted?

The charcoal is probably more 'right' for the event since it's in the evening, a few people will be in dinner jackets, and flannel is more casual. But I think the grey flannel will probably look better with my wife's dress; I'm afraid we'll look a little funereal otherwise.

Thoughts?

hangthree

Reaction score
I would go with the grey flannel. The flannel will provide a nice texture and the peak lapels are a nice touch for the evening.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My thought is, you need a navy DB.

Otherwise, I would go with the charcoal. I take it you do not have a white shirt. Just make your tie a bit bright and that will take the funereal edge off.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The former.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
My thought is, you need a navy DB.

Otherwise, I would go with the charcoal. I take it you do not have a white shirt. Just make your tie a bit bright and that will take the funereal edge off.

No. no, I have a white shirt--the one you convinced me to wear for my wedding. I wrote in my post that I'll be wearing a white shirt and a dark tie.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
No. no, I have a white shirt--the one you convinced me to wear for my wedding. I wrote in my post that I'll be wearing a white shirt and a dark tie.

Manton's a little reading challenged. Be patient with him.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

Badly distracted. Huge, painful project. I have been lurking, but hardly posting. I feel guilty even lurking.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Badly distracted. Huge, painful project. I have been lurking, but hardly posting. I feel guilty even lurking.

Tell me about it.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Not learning to read is the first step toward learning to interpret.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, considering your complexion and the tinge of your hair... let me check my Pantone wheel... yup, the charcoal.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like this ... its like playing Lego.

southbound35

Reaction score
Based on the pics alone, I would go with the charcoal. The darker color seems to suit your complexion and dark hair.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Why is this a thread?

The foo demands attention.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10