• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dress shoes in korea, low prices

HanSoo417

Reaction score
After shopping around for a bit I found that dresss shoes in korea are really cheap compared to the ones in the us. Is this simply from cheaper labor costs or is the quality also very inferior.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are you talking about Korean brands vs. American or European brands?

Xenok

Reaction score
Which shoes and where in particular have you been shopping? I have not been able to find *nice* dress shoes at a cheap price in Seoul.

HanSoo417

Reaction score
Well i don't know much about dress shoes. I just went to dong dae moon and saw that they were cheap. Perhaps they're aren't "nice" by SF standards.

riotshield

Reaction score
My experience with shoes in Korea: the apparel in Dongdaemun and other open market/shijang places is cheap but kind of disposable in terms of quality (made in China stuff, lots of fakes), and those at the department store/bekwajum stores are higher quality (often foreign designer label) but more than you'd expect to pay in the U.S. I didn't see any outlet or sales places (although I never tried the online marketplaces there).

Purchasing power for MTM clothing is much better in Korea than in the U.S., but it seems it's the opposite for shoes.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are decent and even unique designs for fashion shoes in places like dongdaemun. If I lived in Korea I think I would buy a pair occasionally there. But they are more like disposable 1-2 year shoes rather than the type you keep forever and resole. If you like the design, buy it, just don't pay too much.

skjung1

Reaction score
Dress shoes are very cheap in Dong Dae Moon, but most of them are fake or low quality one.

Brand shoes (authentic) in a dept store are very expensive.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
no offense, but why would you ever buy dress shoes from dongdaemun? they would last no longer than one or two seasons at most, and the aesthetics would be just a rip off any dior type shoe and not to mention you would have hundreds of locals wearing the same design.

sorry man but NO to dongdaemun type clothing.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I did find a couple shoes in dongdaemun that looked alright, but they had a much higher price to match the quality.

Seems like 99% of what Koreans wear is cheap knock-offs of whatever was on the runway 4 or so years ago. Shoes are flashy, corrected grain leather, often patent, and cheaply constructed. Then again, they're cheap too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads