• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress shoes for clubs/bars

MCanavan6

Reaction score
Looking for a nice pair of semi-dress shoes I can wear with jeans and a button down for going to clubs/bars. I have a bunch of sneakers and formal dress shoes but nothing in between that I could also wear for dancing. Any ideas?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some Clarks Desert Boots

gotlighters

Reaction score
^ lol

Rockports? it'll be dark so nobody will notice your shoes as much. and Rockports have grip. You don't want to slip cause of the spilled drinks and fall on your ass.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear cheap loafers to bars/clubs. No one notices what shoes you're wearing, it's dark and they've been drinking too.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
I wear cheap loafers to bars/clubs. No one notices what shoes you're wearing, it's dark and they've been drinking too.

Agreed with this fellow. I wore some chinese made shoe that is pretty damn comfy when I go to bars. No one even looks at your shoes

spenser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gotlighters
^ lol

Rockports? it'll be dark so nobody will notice your shoes as much. and Rockports have grip. You don't want to slip cause of the spilled drinks and fall on your ass.

Christ man, if you're wearing Rockports then you're too way old to be going to clubs or dancing in public or really doing anything besides going for long walks with my grandpa. I agree that you don't want anything too expensive or flashy, but I'd look for a nice pair of black chelsea boots instead.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend wearing anything to a bar that you wouldn't mind getting beat up. People spilling drinks and kicking and scuffing your feet is always an issue. Ever since having a bar stool put down on my foot while wearing $700 shoes, I have a pair that I just use for bars.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear something you won't mind getting "antiqued" with spilled vodka shots, vomit and urine.

runner-guy

Reaction score
I agree. Wearing suede to a club is a really bad idea.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCanavan6
Looking for a nice pair of semi-dress shoes I can wear with jeans and a button down for going to clubs/bars. I have a bunch of sneakers and formal dress shoes but nothing in between that I could also wear for dancing. Any ideas?
Just don't get anything with a high shine to it - shiny black shoes paired with jeans look really dumb in my opinion.

Like the others said base your decision around comfort if you'll be out there dancing. No one will really notice your actual outfit below the waist while you're in the club.

goldenbraid

Reaction score
if there's dancing i like to wear sneakers to a bar/club. dancing is alot more fun in sneakers. I've danced in more formal shoes and decided it's not the right move.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
This thread is hilarious.

I wear black patent rafs everywhere, too dark to notice in a lounge/bar yet quite c-walkable in.

olualbert

Reaction score
You can make a statement by wearing caesar paciotti loafers to bars or LV since they are semi-formal. I love my caesar paciotti..they are also goo for dancing.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although a lot of people in here ( especially American folks ) are obviously of the opinion that a shoe should look EITHER dressy OR sporty, i.e. should EITHER be a dress shoe OR a sneaker, I personally appreciate shoes which are able to do the splits between dressy AND sporty. When I got out clubbing, I neither wear a normal sneaker ( too sporty ), nor a real, heeled dress shoe ( to uncomfortable ), but mostly those Dries Van Noten "hybrids":

79149.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads