1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dress shoes and boots in Washington DC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mitchacho, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Mitchacho

Mitchacho Member

Good evening, SF. I'm in the market for some dress shoes or dress boots in the Washington DC area.

I'm looking in the price range of $500 to $750. These will be my first "nice" shoes and I'd like to be able to wear them with a navy and a charcoal suit.

Can anyone recommend some good brands or stores in the DC metroplex, hopefully closer to the NoVA area or NW DC.

2. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Senior member

There's an Allen Edmonds in the Reston Town Center.

3. hugeevilrobot

hugeevilrobot Well-Known Member

I've bought a couple of pairs at the Alden shop in chinatown/penn quarter, a very solid selection there, and some cool make-ups.

4. Mitchacho

Mitchacho Member

If I were to do a pair of AE, I'd most likely be going there to just get sized. The Online Exchange for military members gives a serious discount on a few pairs of Allen Edmonds (strands for $200, and everything else is about $250).

5. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

I'm not from DC but I've read good things about Sky Valet. You should check them out. They carry Crockett Jones and Edward Green also.

6. JJR24

JJR24 New Member

There is an Allen Edmonds on Connecticut and K. Also, Alden is on F NW between 9 and 10.

7. Mitchacho

Mitchacho Member

I've read about EG, but I think they'd be a bit out of my price range despite me being absolutely in love with those shoes. I might have to make the trek to Sky Valet when I've got a free day.