• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress shoe for jeans and button down or kakhis.

doublemazaa

Reaction score
I looking for some brown dress shoes to wear with jeans and a button down shirts. I work in advertising in Seattle, (informal industry, informal city), and jeans and a nice shirt/shoes is about the dressiest I can get without looking out of place.

I'm like the AE Strand, but I'm a little worried it may be too dressy for jeans. I'd like a medium brown shoe with brougeing.

Do you think the Strand is too dressy? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

southbound35

Reaction score
I think the Strand is too dressy. Are you opposed to a longwing?

doublemazaa

Reaction score
I don't love a longwing. I like the Strand because of the captoe as opposed to going with the wingtip.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Are you stuck on brogueing?

What about a split-toe like the AE Delray? I have a pair and they are quite versatile for both jeans and khakis.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Strand is a great looking shoe. I wear tan/brown cap toes with jeans and never feel like it's too much. Go for it.

Brogued

Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
The Strand is a great looking shoe. I wear tan/brown cap toes with jeans and never feel like it's too much. Go for it.

+1

The Strand's extra broguing makes it a little more casual dress shoe.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Penny loafters perhaps? Or lots of brouging, or suede.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads