• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dress Shirts That I Don't Have to Tuck?

Face-Centered Cubic

Reaction score
I want to buy some dress shirts but I'd like them to be short enough that I don't have to tuck them in. I have a fairly casual job. What brands would you recommend?

I'm a fairly muscled person and around 6'2''.

I want something a little on the nice side but that won't break the bank either.

Thanks for any help.

Last Year's Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Face-Centered Cubic
I want to buy some dress shirts but I'd like them to be short enough that I don't have to tuck them in. I have a fairly casual job. What brands would you recommend?
If you don't have to tuck it in, it's not a dress shirt. I would try H and M or Uniqlo for casual shirts, I'm pretty new here but I think that the Men's Clothing section might not be the best to ask. We tend to have a preference for more classical, formal styles - and probably wouldn't wear an untucked shirt in any work environment.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Last Year's Man
If you don't have to tuck it in, it's not a dress shirt. I would try H and M or Uniqlo for casual shirts, I'm pretty new here but I think that the Men's Clothing section might not be the best to ask. We tend to have a preference for more classical, formal styles - and probably wouldn't wear an untucked shirt in any work environment.

x2

I end up tucking in the sport shirts I do own, unless I'm going to the beach or something very casual

Face-Centered Cubic

Reaction score
Thanks. I really don't know anything about clothes or fashion, so pardon my ignorance.

Last Years Man--where should I ask?

processing

Reaction score
I'm new here as well, but I've been doing a lot of reading online regarding clothes recently. I came across this relevant link during my sleuthing. Check out the second photo posted there (I'll try to insert the image into the post, but I'm not sure if it'll work). It does seem like there are dress shirts that are meant to be worn untucked, but they're of a different cut, with a square hem. Maybe you can e-mail the author of that website to ask for the brand.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
The untucked dress shirt had a thankfully short-lived presence on the scene, but not among those you will find on this site. I would advise against it, especially for work.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Monstrosities.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 39 15.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 78 30.7%