• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dress shirts on a budget

milktoast

Reaction score
Hi folks -- I've been looking into buying new dress shirts (under $75) and would like some recommendations on the best places to check out. At the moment, Spier & Mackay Slim in a 15/33 fit me the best, however, that's after an initial cold soak/shrinkage, as my neck size is a true 14.5. I've tried CT shirts, but ultimately their slim in 14.5 is too tight around my chest. Spier & Mackay has been good to me, nevertheless, their basic blue or white dress shirts sell out rather quickly in my size.

Are there any websites I should check out?

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
Try Kamakura shirts.

Panama

Reaction score
Harvie and Hudson at sales time. Tax free should be competitive.

[email protected]

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi folks -- I've been looking into buying new dress shirts (under $75) and would like some recommendations on the best places to check out. At the moment, Spier & Mackay Slim in a 15/33 fit me the best, however, that's after an initial cold soak/shrinkage, as my neck size is a true 14.5. I've tried CT shirts, but ultimately their slim in 14.5 is too tight around my chest. Spier & Mackay has been good to me, nevertheless, their basic blue or white dress shirts sell out rather quickly in my size.

Standard size shirts will always have you deciding between the ideal fit of the collar and the sleeves over the fit in the body. There's consistency in shirts made to your specific measurements, where the only decision to be made is related to the style and not the fit.

Ebitdaddy

Reaction score
Use lyst.com to find deals. I scored a brand new pair of Isaia boots the over day for $134 + shipping.

For shirts, you can find Eton on sale in that price range. They last forever and are super easy to take care of.

paxonus

Reaction score

Have you tried Brooks Brothers Milano or Soho fit?

nikolau

Reaction score

I personally like TM Lewin much more than CHT, both the fit and the quality of the fabric. They’re remarkably cheap.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.