1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

dress shirt/sport shirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by discostu004, Jun 6, 2005.

1. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

i just got in some borrelli stuff and there are a few shirts that really look like dress shirts, but there are no collar stays.  does that, by default, make them sport shirts?  any guidance?

2. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

If the collars are stiff enough to not bend without stays, then they're dress shirts. If not, maybe they are a mistake?

3. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

No collar stays and softer interlining would make them sport shirts to most people.

4. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

thanks, i am still deciding, but i think a tie could be under there with ease

5. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

it's the shape of the collar, not the stiffness, that determines whether or not it is a dress shirt. button the neck and put on a tie. then you'll know.

then again, if it has a pocket, i don't consider it a dress shirt, but maybe that's just me.