• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dress Shirt Fit Advice

jmon22

Reaction score
Hello,

Are the shoulders too narrow on this dress shirt? Trying to find an off the rack option that works with my wide shoulders and slim waist but not sure that is going to work.

Thanks in advance for any feedback that you are willing to offer!

243554908.png

sforum1

Reaction score
no, your shoulders are too wide. The problems is likely that you are going to the gym too much.

Alpha11

Reaction score
I want to as honest with you as I can about off the rack shirts vs custom made.

I see a lot of guy trying for the custom look but want to buy off the rack. So here is my take on it as well as what I think about you shirt in the photo.

1) The shirt model and brand you have on was made for a specific body type by the manufacturer. Either the shirt is not the right size ( which look at the neck and sleeves I would you have the right size) or the fit in not the right model for you.

2) If you want the Daniel Craig look from Bond with the tapered sides and Slim arms then you would be better of having a shirt made for you.

I am not talking about one of these online custom shirt makers either. Rather, a shop that has competent salesperson and clothing tailor on the premises. I would order only one shirt at a time as it is most likely you may have to adjust the pattern down the line.

johng70

Reaction score
To answer your specific question: the shoulders of the shirt are not wide enough. The seam should not be up on your shoulder like that. Sleeve length looks great as does the fit of the body of the shirt. But not the shoulders. Try a different brand of shirt if you want to buy OTR but you may have issues given your slim neck, slim chest and waist but wide shoulders. I fear most shirts that fit your shoulders may be too baggy everywhere else.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.