• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dress shirt & chest hair

tcmquincy

Reaction score
I think that generally, with a suit jacket & no tie, having two buttons undone on your dress shirt looks better than just one. However, I am a man with a pretty hairy chest and I know some people would not want to see that; especially in a work environment. I definitely do not want to get reprimanded or alienate coworkers for showing too much man hair cleavage lol.
Should I continue to undo just one button while at work with my dress shirts, trim my chest and undo two buttons, or just stop worrying what other people might think about the chest hair and risk offending coworkers? I work in a "business casual" office environment. Thank you

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
In my experience, unless the shirt is tight, it will stay closed pretty well with 2 buttons unbuttoned and you shouldn't see much skin or hair below the collar bone.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, screw them.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience, unless the shirt is tight, it will stay closed pretty well with 2 buttons unbuttoned and you shouldn't see much skin or hair below the collar bone.
I think it's kind of karmic that someone with the name theshetlandsweater is giving advice to someone that has a natural one...

tcmquincy

Reaction score
I feel you and agree. I would not call my shirts tight but when I move they do "pop open" once in a while. I usually fix it quickly because I know some people have an issue with chest hair lol.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.