Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dress like a maitre d'

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lomezz, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Lomezz

Lomezz Senior member

Anyone ever heard of this Duca Sartoria outfit? Jeez, $2,500 per waiter suit is almost bespoke money. Oh, and by the way, the food sucks (though I haven't been there lately). San Domenico

2. dorian

dorian Senior member

Never heard of Duca, but to say that the elasticized waistband is made exclusively in Italy is complete BS. If my tailor in Hong Kong uses them, I would have to say that such waistbands can be found elsewhere - and, so, not exclusive to Italy. Of course, if the waistbands are more complicated than a rubberized strip that (very effectively) holds the shirt tails in place... well, then that's a different animal completely.

3. arvi

arvi Senior member

i was just at san domenico last thursday evening for drinks only.i have always heard that the restaurant is highly overrated and expensive..i might add that it has the ambience of a hotel dining room..however, the bar is lovely ..great selection of italian wines and grappas as well as single malt scotches..the bartender, renato, was outstanding..for approval he poured a taste of anything ordered ..we were hungry;so he brought prosciutto, parmeggianno,olives and bread..all were delicious (to our surprise no charge..for which we tipped him very well)

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

Actually I dont know if its an exclusive, but we have those with most of our pull on casual pants and for the younger suits that we make for kids because after a certain age they want to dress like Men and not have elasticised pants. [​IMG] JJF

5. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

The waistbands aren't elasticized - they're rubberized. I can't imagine Italy holds the exclusive source for a small strip of rubber.

That, and the 'big Italian knot' line remind me of a movie where the guy claims everything comes from Greece. My grand-father did that with China - you name anything, and he'd tell you the roots of it lie in China.

6. dorian

dorian Senior member

Yes, rubberized is what I meant. No, my trousers do not have bunches of fabric as on a toddler's (which are elasticized). [​IMG]