1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

dress code, ever feel the need to enforce it on a stranger?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sii1981, May 26, 2009.

1. jbmarine

jbmarine Senior member

Where Neverland Ranch, Santa Monica, and the land
    I laughed pretty hard at the above post.

2. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

I bet that douche-bag wouldn't try to pull that shit with Rodney Dangerfield. You should have pushed him in the pool or grabbed his wifes ass.

3. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

I bet that douche-bag wouldn't try to pull that shit with Rodney Dangerfield. You should have pushed him in the pool or grabbed his wifes ass.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

You don't have the right to ignore rules you don't like.

5. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Just grow up join the grown ups stick to the rules of the club or simply leave........ thats what he was politely telling you to do .... either tuck it or f**k off.............

6. kev777

kev777 Senior member

I hardly play darts either. Golf is a ritual of old age masquerading as a sport.

Oh for goodness sake.............

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I do not like personally golf but I do respect it as a sport involving a lot of skills and practice...
    I do find the golfer's psyche difficult to apprehend because it is a very individualistic sport and i love team games such as rugby and football..
    I have to endure at work endless conversations about bandits , handicap, rules and etiquette and I find the all thing tedious...
    Fuuma sounds to hate the social part of the game, the club structure and the men dominated environment...

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

If it's part of the dress code of the course, then no issue.
    +1

9. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

Fuck the system

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Punks ,anarchists and golf clubs are never a great combination..
    I do not like clubs in general but golf clubs are for most people more of a social tool than a sport arena..

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Oh for goodness sake.............
    No really, it does require certain motor skills and physical attributes and someone like Tiger Woods is undoubtedly athletic but I wouldn't call Golf a sport anymore than pool. Many things that aren't sports are pretty nice to do anyway and some sports are boring. That's not why I dislike golf...

12. BABuckeye

BABuckeye Senior member

I hardly play darts either. Golf is a ritual of old age masquerading as a sport.

Good for you! Skip those sissy sports like darts and golf and keep focusing on your Olympic dreams of a bronze medal in ... curling!

[​IMG]

13. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

You caused that poor old buzzard a lot or work, making him walk all that way like that. He should have just hollered some obscenities at you. You going to be court marshalled?

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Rules are rules. I for one would appreciate a senior member 'reminding' my companions of the dress code. Let the hipsters and hippies play in the public course.

15. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

Rules are rules. I for one would appreciate a senior member 'reminding' my companions of the dress code. Let the hipsters and hippies play in the public course.
    Yeah! They're lucky the guy didn't drop 'em for push-ups!

16. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Is it really that hard for some people to understand that some golf clubs have rules of dress ?? If you want to play then stick to the rules if your the anarchist type and hate rules in general then just dont go FFS ...........

Me personally i havent a massive opinion either way i can stomach rules sometimes but prefer common sense and decency but when im playing golf i know theres rules both of dress and etiquette so i abide by them as i chose to frequent the club.

What really pisses me off is people who get pissed when someone rightly says "See those set of rules YOU agreed to when you joined / paid to play well your not sticking to them either do or bugga off!"

Other than that im ok with it.................

17. sii1981

sii1981 Well-Known Member

before i get anymore post accusing me of waving the rules i dont like, i state now that i always observe/ respect the house rules( its was my little bro and our friend that was the offender).
    i am a member of the club, but dont have the time to spend hanging around after my round unlike the retired peeps that are always there, so most of these are strangers to me.
    i havnt mentioned this before but he didnt let us play though, anyone over 60 seem to be immune from slow play rule here. my club is full of retired older gents, clogging up the whole place. an average round on a sunday takes 4hrs+, so a bit of resentment is building amongst the younger golfers here. im just ranting now not even anything do do with clothes

18. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Sii1981 has made a very valid point..
    I'm up for respecting rules but they must be applied equally on every member..
    It is like in Orwell's 1984 and the animals being all equals with some of them more equal than others..
    The gentleman after pointing out the dressing code faux-pas must have let the young lads play their round of golf..

19. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

That is pretty bad that you would have to ask that of your friends. Where I work I am a very strict enforcer of teh dress code I have put in place, and have even snet people home for the day for being in violation of it. I do like to knit pick and have to control myself at times from being over the top but there are several times in a week that I catch people in violation and have to correct them or send them home.

20. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Good for you! Skip those sissy sports like darts and golf and keep focusing on your Olympic dreams of a bronze medal in ... curling!

[​IMG]

Golf can't be a "sissy sport" since it's not a sport...