1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

dress code and culture at work

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by TauKappaEpsilon, Jun 29, 2012.

1. MetManChris

MetManChris Well-Known Member

I read 6 pages of this thread, just to make sure no one had already said this. Somehow, they haven't.

IRON YOUR SHIRT.

Showing up in gaudy accessories in a shirt that just came out of the wrapping makes it look like ya swung by target on your way to your first day of work. So again:

IRON YOUR SHIRT!

2. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

"One of New Zeland's Biggest Firms". Hahaha!

I didn't know New Zeland had more than one law firm, honestly.

3. Luddite

Luddite Senior member

Well, that was...enlightening.

There are six large firms in the country, each with in the range of 40-50+ partners and 150+ lawyers. Each has a close strategic relationship with an Australian or London-based firm, or both (with, from recollection, two exceptions, the large Australian firms have aligned themselves or merged with a London firm).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  4. gort

gort Senior member

The thread is only one page long if your settings are correct. :satisfied:

5. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

While I agree with the general sentiment, you guys should just let the kid dress however he wants.

Nothing will teach him better than the experience of getting clowned at work.

6. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Hmm. I'm wondering if TKE could teach me how to dougie. I feel like he'd know how.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Can someone repost those pics with caps of the OP golfing or whatever, they were golden.

8. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

Australian firms are the worst. The lawyers either have no imagination whatsoever ("your trademark was refused. nothing we can do I guess!"), or are more verbose than a feminist studies major outside of a Ryan Sorba lecture.

9. Luddite

Luddite Senior member

I would hate to suggest that this may have anything at all to do with the fact that they employ Australians. That would be rude and childish.

1 person likes this.
  10. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Hey OP, post some more pics of that watch, particularly the crown guard, because it looks fake to me.

11. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

After looking more at it, I'm almost certain thats a fake rolex.

Look at the crown guard (the part surrounding where you wind the watch):

op (in case he tried to delete

[​IMG]

a known fake

[​IMG]

the real deal:

[​IMG]

12. redips

redips Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to assume the shirt would be ironed... What really stood out, however, is the cutaway collar.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012