1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dredd (09.21.2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jun 22, 2012.

1. LordWanker

LordWanker Senior member

FYI it is a UK film and Lionsgate picked up the US distribution rights.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Ah, makes more sense.

3. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

This was mostly what I was thinking.

4. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

In this remake Dredd finds himself guilty of anything and carries out sentence within the first 5 minutes.
    -Fin

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

apparently this is really good. who's seeing it?

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  7. Teger

Teger Senior member

i'm in the mood for an ultra-violent dystopian action scifi movie. now i have to download the mutant chronicles.

8. barims

barims Senior member

I saw it a week ago. Like the character itself, it's rather a brutally efficient film (for example, the final confrontation is almost the correct length for such a scene, but that is only because it greatly utilises one of the film's premises; elsewhere, the plot moves with the same "with extreme prejudice" grace as its action setpieces). As a gag, I later tweeted that Dredd (3D)'s alternative title is "Take Your Psychic to Training Day"

Speaking of whom, Juno MacGuff's best mate is a lot more dangerous and alluring than I remember her

9. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I lost my glasses. New ones should be here 6-7 days. I can't wait to see this!

Has anyone read the comics? Are they any good. I always liked the concept of Dredd but never read the comics.

10. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I just saw it. This movie was so much fun! I was talking about it the whole way home.

It's just like an 80's action movie. When Dredd throws a gas grenade its not just any gas, its bright neon yellow gas. When someone gets shot its not just a hole, it blows the side of their face off with a gratuitous stream of bright red fake blood with squirting sound effects. Incredibly cheesy one liners are spoken at pivotal moments. Action scenes are carried out with heavy metal or heart pounding synth music.

Seeing the movie in 3D is a must. Lots of scenes were made with 3D in mind and the slow motion effects look very beautiful. I thought Mama was a good villain. It's very rare that I think a woman is badass, but she really pulled it off well. I loved the shot of her smiling with blood dripping out of her mouth.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  11. gort

gort Senior member

Just saw this today, I really liked it. Loved the over the top action scenes. Psychic chick was a hottie too.:embar: