• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dream Garages Anyone?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
. He is also mixing Ford GT and GT40 up. 2 completely different cars.
Nope, my love for the GT is actually due to a 3 decade long infatuation for the GT40, especially the MKII's. Superperformance makes great replica kits (I love their Daytona kits), however IMO the lure of the original 40, can't be duplicated with a replica. BTW....what GT40 pics are you speaking of? If it's the garage pics, those are both GT's.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Wouldn't the Superformance GT40 fall into the same category as the Shelby Daytona replica, and more so? After all, they're both made by Superformance and the GT40 rep is actually a bit more expensive. It's a newer model than the Shelby, in their catalog, I believe.

I don't care too much for Shelby cars, I'd rather have a pure vintage European sports car, but the GT40 really does something for me and I admire old Lola cars, so it's in. I hear the Superformance GT40 runs something like $125K with a crate motor in it; not too much less than a new Ford GT. I am not really into the retro new cars that Detroit has been putting lately, though.

I don't know why, but for some reason I find the Daytona simply amazing. Unfortunately, the real thing crosses well above the million mark, so I'm relegated to settling (who am I kidding, I can't even afford the replica).
smile.gif

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Love the Ferris Bueller replica.
Ferrari California, makes me forget all past convictions involving replicas. That is probably my favorite Italian in existance.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe

BTW....what GT40 pics are you speaking of? If it's the garage pics, those are both GT's.

Your right my mistake. I didn't look that close and never realized they made a Ford GT in the gulf colors.

I'm at the point that I need the big garage before getting anymore cars. I'd be happy with just a 4-6 car garage but it's still 2 years before I buy a house.
frown.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If I was putting together my own dream collection though, I doubt I'd go near any of the Ford replicars or the real things; I just want
-a couple (or 5) really, really nice BMW's (an E9 CSL, an E28 M5 or Alpina birturbo'ed car, an E30 M3, and completely tricked out E34 Touring that I build myself, maybe with a V12/6MT and a bunch of rare BMW M-sport cosmetic pieces all over it, the latter for really driving everywhere, and hard)...
-a recent F-car (pref. a 430 Spyder)
-a new P-car (latest and greatest 911 turbo or a GT3)
- one of the BMW-engined Range Rovers for really dirty work
- a low-key big car like a prev-gen S600 or an A8 W12
- maybe an old British roadster from the '50's
- a really clean late 60's Porsche 911 to drive a lot
- maybe a W124 E500
Expensive optionals:
-Carrera GT
-vintage Ferrari, like a Lusso and a Daytona
-a 356 speedster (my dad's dream car)
-300SL cab on Rudges

I probably wouldn't get as luxe in furnishing my dream garage, it'd be concrete floored, that one with the CSL on the first page is nice to me. Bays and doors for each car, deep cabinets behind, for storing parts for each car, and then a whole wall for tools.
I'd have a pretty decent wood bar to sit at behind them all, with a decent ale on tap and a fridge to freeze my beer glasses, and a corner (with a drum kit riser) for my drums, amp stacks, and all that ****.
Have a couple motorcycles to dick around on as well.

Take my little laptop out and sit it on the bar so I can styleforum and make money, and I'd never go back into the house, except for showering, eating snacks, and sleeping. :O

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Your right my mistake. I didn't look that close and never realized they made a Ford GT in the gulf colors.

I'm at the point that I need the big garage before getting anymore cars. I'd be happy with just a 4-6 car garage but it's still 2 years before I buy a house.
frown.gif

Don't get me started on fantasizing about garages. A 4-car capacity would be enough for me fulfill some dreams. I'm not sure about elsewhere, but in more recent times off site garages are sprouting up in the Houston area. They're somewhat similar to a storage garage or small warehouse, but created to maintain 'Big Boy Toys' i.e. auto's, bikes, boats, etc.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 6 car: 3 bays, each two deep. Not enough to fill it with.
frown.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I have 6 car: 3 bays, each two deep. Not enough to fill it with.
frown.gif

Quality > Quantity

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics