• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dream Garages Anyone?

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
fight you for it.

actually, you can have them all, I just want this one.

bugatti-type-57-sc-atlantic-1.jpg

You can have the Atlantic, I'll take the LM:

10867617-L.jpg

Corniche

Reaction score
Is that a Maserati dealer or a wealthy owner?

Having an MC 12 ...

I also love the BMW 2002 one of my fav cars all time.

As a indoor designer I love your pictures!

I got to get rid of my Maserati Spyder due to the crisis ...

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Corniche
Is that a Maserati dealer or a wealthy owner?

Having an MC 12 ...

I also love the BMW 2002 one of my fav cars all time.

As a indoor designer I love your pictures!

I got to get rid of my Maserati Spyder due to the crisis ...

would you get a garage specifically made so the marroquians and blacks cannot steal wealth?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's certainly not fancy, but my father and I just finished building our garage which I think is fairly unique in layout at least (and I mean building in the most literal of senses, we did everything but pour the floor).
  • 7 bays, L-shaped, storage for eight cars unstacked
  • The inside of the L is the courtyard, if you will, and is a huge asphalt apron faced by:
    • The long inside of the L has four bays (two 8x8, two 9x9)
    • The short inside of the L is the lift bay with 12' ceilings and a 10x10 door ( the lift went live this Sunday in fact)
  • You can drive through the garage as bay #2 has a door on the back wall as well
  • If you drive into the long side of the L from the end (as the letter is oriented that's down from the top) there is the sixth door, which allows storage of up to three vehicles in a line behind and perpendicular to the main four. The first vehicle pulled in that way will then be located within the:
  • 32' x 20' shop, which has 200A service, amongst other amenities.
The inside has not even been started, it is just a shell with only the roof insulated. Inside work will commence in the Spring, to fully insulate the building and sheetrock the shop at least. What we do with the rest remains to be seen. Never really had a garage before. It's pretty cool to blast out of. ~ H

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
It's certainly not fancy, but my father and I just finished building our garage which I think is fairly unique in layout at least (and I mean building in the most literal of senses, we did everything but pour the floor).

• The inside of the L is the courtyard, if you will, and is a huge asphalt apron faced by:
    • The short inside of the L is the lift bay with 12' ceilings and a 10x10 door ( the lift went live this Sunday in fact)
  • You can drive through the garage as bay #2 has a door on the back wall as well
  • If you drive into the long side of the L from the end (as the letter is oriented that's down from the top) there is the sixth door, which allows storage of up to three vehicles in a line behind and perpendicular to the main four. The first vehicle pulled in that way will then be located within the:
The inside has not even been started, it is just a shell with only the roof insulated. Inside work will commence in the Spring, to fully insulate the building and sheetrock the shop at least. What we do with the rest remains to be seen.

Never really had a garage before. It's pretty cool to blast out of.

~ H

Sounds like a great project. Post your progress in either of these groups and you'll get questions, suggestions, and maybe some inspiration:

www.garageforums.com
www.garagejournal.com

I don't drop in regularly, but the first one seems to be the most active.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The inside has not even been started, it is just a shell with only the roof insulated. Inside work will commence in the Spring, to fully insulate the building and sheetrock the shop at least. What we do with the rest remains to be seen.

Never really had a garage before. It's pretty cool to blast out of.

~ H

Sounds nice. Pics of your progress would be great.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the comments and stay out of my houses!!!!!
laugh.gif

Very nice!!!

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
they're awesome but it's more like for some of them "cars parked in weird places within your house"

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That is no BMW 2002.... rather, it's an insanely rare colored Alpina CSL...

These 'dream' garages are missing the drum kits and Marshall stacks in the corners...

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
That is no BMW 2002.... rather, it's an insanely rare colored Alpina CSL...

These 'dream' garages are missing the drum kits and Marshall stacks in the corners...

Alpinas are dope. A guy not too far from me has an Alpina B7.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have come to think Jay Lenno's garage is pretty close to perfect ... The Alpina is stunning
2194198455_c3e6b7282f_o.jpg
But whether the Blue one is a Alpina or "just" a 3.0CSL with alpina wheels ...

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic attached. The second bay from the inside corner is the bay with the drive-through. This was from early September or so -- the S54 M Roadster is visible but my Jag is not. Forget where it was. ~ H

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
I have come to think Jay Lenno's garage is pretty close to perfect ...

The Alpina is stunning
2194198455_c3e6b7282f_o.jpg

But whether the Blue one is a Alpina or "just" a 3.0CSL with alpina wheels ...

Can't really go wrong either way.

There's an incredible concours-level resto-mod CSL out there with an S86 M6 motor and 4 wheel disc brakes, under Alpina softlines. It's absolutely beautiful too, and carries an identical look minus the Alpina decals. It was in Bimmer magazine some years ago and I'm sure its been on something else, it's probably one of my favorite cars of all time.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pic attached. The second bay from the inside corner is the bay with the drive-through. This was from early September or so -- the S54 M Roadster is visible but my Jag is not. Forget where it was. ~ H
Nice. Nice collection of cars, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads