1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dream City To Live In

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Piobaire, Aug 27, 2012.

1. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

Firenze

I grew up near there and have always said I will have a home there, if I win the lottery.

Cheers,

2. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

If just going by places I've been to. I'll say Charleston, New Orleans, Boston or New York (Harlem). Mainly because I like the cultures, food and access to the sea. Maybe Kingston but it gets mad hot there and tho I am supposed to understand patwa I still get lost. If I included places I've never been Switzerland's cities have always seemed interesting to me, also maybe somewhere in Britain that isn't London or Accra for the adventure.

3. binge

binge Senior member

Style Forum circa 2008.

2 people like this.
  4. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Great responses so far, I'm very interested in doing a few 2-3 year stints in some European, Asian and North American cities: Hong Kong, Chicago, NYC, Berlin, Copenhagen, Istanbul, etc, etc, etc (I'm pretty curious about the world!)

5. mcfly26

mcfly26 Senior member

this thread made me wonder about my future. Places like sydney, perth, sanfran all seem very tempting to me.

Im living in London for 9 months by now cos of a master but it hasnt been all flowers. even though its a big city with a lot of facilities and a rock scene that i appreciate, this weather is just too depressing. maybe is just the anxiety coming from the course but the idea of extending my stay to work is barely on my mind anymore.

For a italian/brazilian (double nationality) how does it work to live in places like aus and us (imagine not that easy)??

6. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

What kind of work are you in or what field will you want to get into?

7. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

Australia is a bit of a hurdle to get a long term professional visa. You can get working holiday visas but aren't supposed to work longer than a year and not in a professional role (these rules get flouted a bit). A 457 visa is the easiest to get if your trained as an engineer, accounting, construction, teaching and health fields or if you are a tradesman (glazier, carpenter etc).

There are other ways to get longer term visas but they require a bit of effort - you have to really want it.

8. mcfly26

mcfly26 Senior member

yeah i imagined wouldnt be that easy anyway. i better visit first to make my mind :)
    btw, im still 22 and work in the marketing field. but to ne honest, dont see anything pushing me to stay either in london or rio (where my family lives).

9. landshark

landshark Senior member

I love Austin, but the summer heat is killer.

1 person likes this.
  10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Number one reason I wouldn't move back. Plus it's way bigger and more expensive than when I was growing up and more "hip". I liked the sleepy hippie enclave it once was.