• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drakes Ties

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, isn't it there for a reason?!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Yeah, isn't it there for a reason?!

Do you button all three buttons on a 3 button jacket, particularly a 3 roll 2?

Ceasar

Reaction score
Is the blue gingham check tie in the video the same blue gingham check listed for sale here (3rd one down)?

http://shoponline.drakes-london.com/...d%20weave.aspx

The check in the video appears smaller than the check in the linked tie, but the linked tie is the closest match I could find on the Drake's website.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting video. Thank you.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice slide-show with commentary. Will Drakes ever have another effing sale? Discuss.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
Nice slide-show with commentary. Will Drakes ever have another effing sale? Discuss.

Yes,in 2 more days.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
Thank the tie gods! I am driving my spousal equivalent insano with all tie-talk.

Which ones did you have in mind? Not all of them are going on sale,select ones will stay full retail,K3 quality ties that is.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Which ones did you have in mind? Not all of them are going on sale,select ones will stay full retail,K3 quality ties that is.

K3? Explain. I assume the madders won't go on sale, so I had my eye on some blues:

VJWB06122_003M.jpg
VJWB06122_005M.jpg
VJWB06122_006M.jpg

and some foulards:

A6WB02557_005M.jpg
K6WB04597_004M.jpg
K6WB04705_002M.jpg

With Drakes tastes levels being so high, I could buy most of the ties on their site.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
Do people really not tuck in the tail through the keeper? I didn't realize/don't think it's "wrong" to do so...I mean sprezzatura and all is nice, but the tie is just sloppy when the keeper is not used.

Never use the keeper.

RJE

Reaction score
The bow ties - they say "Slide adjust sizing (one size fits all) hook and eye fastening so that the bow can be taken off leaving the bow tied if wished". So this isn't a pre-tied bow tie?

BTW - ties are £55, bow ties £35. Was going to added the gingham and large check ties, but I have too many similar ones already. Added one tartan and a mix of others, but I have a feeling some will be cheaper elsewhere later.

Francisco

Reaction score
May I know where u see this discount from? How come I didn't see this in their website?

Originally Posted by RJE
The bow ties - they say "Slide adjust sizing (one size fits all) hook and eye fastening so that the bow can be taken off leaving the bow tied if wished". So this isn't a pre-tied bow tie?

BTW - ties are £55, bow ties £35. Was going to added the gingham and large check ties, but I have too many similar ones already. Added one tartan and a mix of others, but I have a feeling some will be cheaper elsewhere later.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE

Originally Posted by Francisco
May I know where u see this discount from? How come I didn't see this in their website?

I see this message when I open the tie and bowties page

This page is currently being updated. Please try again later today. Sorry for the inconvenience

I can open the knitwear and other pages and there are no reductions there AFAIK

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Select ties are on sale,scarves will go on sale in about a month or so,too bad that not all ties have gone on sale
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads