• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drake's Ties at Barney's

caledoniasoul2

Reaction score
They had some very nice looking drake's ties at barneys nyc yesterday at less then $60 some less then 50. Picked up one seems like very nice quality...any experts care to comment on Drake's in general?

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
Great quality ties in my experience - the 50oz is quite substantial and allows for a great knot. They usually retail at Barney's for $110...

[anzer

slaavwmr

Reaction score
Is Barneys having a sale? Why were the ties so cheap?

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
They sent a postcard a week or two ago....30-50% off on select merchandise.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yeah they've got some shirts on sale, Duchamp ties, Holliday & Brown ties as well on sale -- pretty good -- $49. Slovakia-made RJ shirts on sale, sigh. Barneys is stockling the RJ short sleeve sport shirts, the RJ T-shirts (very 1970s) and some Harrington Jackets.

Looks like some of the Barneys house brand socks are made by Pantherella.

RJ socks pushing $50 for over the calf. Demoralizing.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Holliday & Brown are nice. RJMan, What kind of shirts do they have on sale? They usually have a lot of Lorenzini, Brioni, Zegna, and their private label--anything different this time?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A little Armani, Etro, a few RJ -- my impression was it's been picked over a decent amount already. I didn't look too hard at it nor did I inspect the shoes... I love the H&B, but damned if I can find their new re-edited line (different from what they did for Prada and much better made). Everard's in DC is 40 PER CENT higher in price, so @()$ that...

Do what I did and go to Bergdorfs and buy a Marinella tie.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
What is the consensus on Breuer (hope I'm spelling that right)? Saw some in Bergdorf's a while back, they looked nice.

redtree00

Reaction score
What is the consensus on Breuer (hope I'm spelling that right)? Saw some in Bergdorf's a while back, they looked nice.
Breuer makes ties for Facconable, I have several of them and they are pretty nicely made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics