• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drake's Shirts

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume they outsource the manufacture of their shirts. Can anyone confirm this and know who make them?

I have never seen them in person and wonder how they compare to the other British shirts i.e. H&K, T&A, CT, N&L, Lewin... in terms of quality and particularly fit (slim or blousy). Thanks

42short

Reaction score
I actually picked up a Drakes shirt last week at the DC Filene's store. It was the first time I've actually seen them. Fabric quality seems very nice and distinctive/interesting patterns and colors similar to T&A. Quality is nice but not up to top tier... no single-needle stitching, thin MOP buttons, and if the shirts are pattern matched it is done fairly sloppy (stripes matched closely enough on yoke and sleeve to think they tried, but they did not line up exactly). Side seam gusset, good collar and two-button sleeve (length-wise, not width-wise).

So I would characterize it as fabric similar to T&A, quality between H&K and Lewin (closer to H&K, but no single-needle tailoring). If I recall MSRP on the Barney's tag was around $250, Filene's had for $50. I bought it mostly for the great pattern/color and fabric feel (very British). It PALES in comparison to the Truzzi I bought during the same visit. The hand-sewn button holes and sleeve-head stitching on the Truzzi are stunning. And a small check pattern that matches perfectly, even on the gauntlet.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slovakia; same as Richard James shirts. Compared to the latter the Drake's patterns are more subdued though, and some of them actually look pretty neat. Personally, I'd be looking @ Guy Rover @ that price point.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I picked up a Drake's shirt on ebay that was made in England (as per the tag). I've no idea who made it, though. Udeshi probably could tell you if you could drag the information out of him. He knows all!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info guys. Anyone else have any experience with Drake's shirts? Are they slim-fitting or more loosely cut?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads