1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Drake's Sale.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mac, Jul 25, 2011.

1. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Many underestimate the dexterity and fingertip motor control needed to grasp an overhead strap in the subway.

(On second thought, that's probably not it.)

Yes: he would be diabolical as a Bond villain, although most of the movie might be Bond and he arguing.

MFF: Who is your tailor?

Bond: Villain that you are, you wouldn't know that a gentleman does not discuss his women, or his tailor.

MFF: Your lapels are too narrow. Have you considered a lower gorge?

Bond: Wut?

MFF: Guards! Fetch my red felt pen! I apologize, where are my manners? Would you like a bagel while we wait? I have them submarined in to my undersea lair fresh from Zabar's.

Bond: Are you wearing fingerless gloves?

MFF: Of course! Full fingered gloves within the protected environment of an undersea lair would be preposterous! Ah...here is the pen...let us begin...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

tie shipping is serious business.

3. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Not for whnay.. He can just toss them out the corporate jet with unwanted pocket squares as parachutes.

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wear fingerless gloves at home in winter because I keep my thermostat so low. It's an eye-tie version of yankee thrift.

5. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

already had 2 of the squares. wonder if a 3rd would be overkill.

6. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I approve this. It also enables mixing cocktails with fewer ice cubes, important in cities in which they ration tap water for ideological reasons, like San Francisco.

7. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Water in cocktails? :tinfoil:

8. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

the right way to do it :nodding:

9. dorolf07

dorolf07 Well-Known Member

quite a steal on some of the items

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Since we're now on this tangent, it reminds me of one particular nursing home, which I visited quite a few years ago, and they used to keep all the residents' spirits safely under lock & key in the drug dispensing area to ensure no-one got completely plastered (the good old days...). Every time a resident got a drink, the new level would be marked on the bottle to keep track of consumption. Needless to say, one enterprising member of staff figured out how to ensure the level remained the same even as the content of alcohol in the bottle diminished over time. I believe they were eventually caught and disciplined, after someone noticed they were visibly under the influence.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  11. 3ff3z8e

3ff3z8e Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This just got in a day after they mentioned that the items have been shipped... to Australia...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

13. 3ff3z8e

3ff3z8e Well-Known Member

Seemed like it Spoo.... Got the e-mail notification yesterday and received today.. I did pick the express courier option though... an extra GBP8.00 which in my view was worth it due to the long transit times using normal mail and the longer it's in transit the higher the chance of a shipment going missing. The risks are probably remote, but nevertheless, it allows me to sleep a lil better :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  14. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    That is CHEAP!! haha

15. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

I ordered on Monday and hadn't heard anything yet so I sent an inquiry this morning. They said it has already shipped but that they were behind in sending out the notifications.

16. forex

forex Senior member

These are awesome,love them..

17. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

i order mon night and it was delivery on wed to the uk

18. E TF

E TF Senior member

I actually received my order a whole day before I got the dispatch notification.

19. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

actaully me too. i have just recieved the dispatch notification and was coming to here to post. so in fact, I received my order 2 days before

20. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

Oldest trick in the book. Used by kids in high school throughout the ages.....