• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drake's Pop-Up Sale @ CHCM (2 Bond Street in NYC)

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just called the store, working on getting pictures of their SCs, he said they were 275 a piece, I may pick up a couple, such a deal.

when you called did they say if they'd ship?

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go

msart84

Reaction score
I just got back also after only getting two ties. Sc's are actually 295, not 275. Still a great deal. I'd be willing to proxy for a 10 percent markup after taxes and shipping. I think that's reasonable.

Also a good selection of crew neck sweaters (mostly fair isles)

katch

Reaction score
I went and will be going back. Got a silk/wool scarf, raw silk scarf and a pocket square.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course its tempting NORE, its the best sale I've seen in NYC in awhile.
It sounds like the only items in limited quantities might be the sportscoats. I grabbed a 44, one size up from my normal 42. The cut was pretty slim and I anticipate wearing it with flannels and perhaps a vneck or crew sweater underneath - the cashmere gave the fabric some heft. The sleeves were very long and had working buttonholes, so alterations will need to be done from the shoulder.

I gave in (damnit gyasih!) but was able to show restraint and left with the one tie that spoke to me-something I have been looking for for a while.

Any pics of actual purchases?

Will post a pic later, I'm wearing my purchase out tonite, but for now:

I went and will be going back.

+1

There are literally thousands of ties. To put the pics you've see in perspective, each of those what 6 x 30" boxes have about 50 ties in them. I usually won't spend $65 on a tie but I think it was worth it, a year-end gift for myself. I saw one or two that just might fill holes in my current tie holdings but as usual I dumb out and forget what I have at home in times like this. I need to check inventory and then return...

Last edited:

katch

Reaction score
NORE: I saw you there. I dug your tie. I was holding about 6 of them and settled on one. Blue raw silk with very thin red/white diagonal.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
On the one hand I'm super pissed I'm not in NYC. On the other hand, thank God I'm not in NYC.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mSart, Pm'd you on the proxy offer. Thanks

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NORE:  I saw you there.  I dug your tie.  I was holding about 6 of them and settled on one.  Blue raw silk with very thin red/white diagonal.

I knew I was followed! I tried circling the block to no avail. Oh well. :)

Jhors2

Reaction score
when you called did they say if they'd ship?
They are willing to hold merchandise, they said you'd have to send an email to their info email address and ask the manager if they can ship off site though since its an on site tent sale. I ended up proxying instead.

Jhors2

Reaction score
Ugh! Mayeb saved me a trip too....but they still have tons of ties and squares, yes? (so no...so i don't drop cash)
Tons of squares, ties, beautiful scarves, plenty for you to spend money on :) They have 40Rs left, and it sounds like all of the SCs are really slim fitting, so it may require just a touch of tailoring but what OTR coat doesn't?

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone planning to pick up a bunch of the ties for sale on the forum? I'd gladly pay a B&S markup for silk prints/silk twills, such as the navy pindot in the picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads