1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Drake's Pop-Up Sale @ CHCM (2 Bond Street in NYC)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PhiloVance, Dec 12, 2012.

1. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

No knits, but plenty of interview ties.

2. katch

katch Senior member

As requested... couple of pics of the silk/cashmere scarf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

5. Westbound

Westbound Senior member

^ What he said.

6. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

You can also go to Astor Wines and Spirits at E. 4th/Lafayette. Their prices are within $1 of Warehouse and it is a much less hectic and crowded shopping experience. Plus, if you're into very high end whisky, they have a better selection than Warehouse, imho.

7. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Not much left as far as conservative pocket squares are concerned.

8. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

When I went yesterday noon I only saw cotton squares and none were solid in color.

9. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Pocket squares that were left this morning at around noon.

[​IMG]

My haul from today Tax added on everything.

[​IMG]

10. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I was there this afternoon and I'm pretty sure there are a few more of those unicorn squares (and lots of other squares) on the table behind the cash register. It looks like it's an employees only area but you're allowed to walk back there. There's stack of squares and and also a stack of more scarves and a box of cashmere scarves open behind the table.

11. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Interesting. Didn't know stuff back there was up for grabs.

While I was there I heard one of the employees on the phone letting people know what was left.

12. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yeah, like I said, it doesn't look like you're allowed to walk back there and I suspect a lot of what I saw would have been gone if it had been stacked up in front.
    Happy hunting everyone.

13. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

I went behind the counter ( I asked first) and went through all the boxes. I'm glad i did, as what was on the shelves/tables weren't representative of all the stock

14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

The suede boots were $400 and change. Maybe $475. I didn't really look at the others.

Really....I could have sworn I was not charged tax on my ties last night....I will double check the receipt that was sent to me...

15. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

i walked back there yesterday and there was def no unicorn squares behind the counter. i asked also. employees told me there were none

16. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

+1. Unicorns had sold out (and they never got any tigers). Took the brown SC to the tailor today. I've never had to get a SC adjusted from the shoulder before. Damn that's expensive, but the coat was still a ridiculous deal even factoring in tailoring.

17. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

what the fuck i really like the drake's ties

18. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

Very interested in the Navy Mughal scarf. Been chasing it since last year. if someone can scoop it for me, I would appreciate it. (Assuming this is the full size scarf, not the smaller neckerchief ones they also made) Thanks.

19. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Takeaway from Day One:

[​IMG]

Brown cashmere/silk sportcoat (3 roll 2, 1/4 lined, double-vented), blue dress shirt (french cuff), 3 ties, blue/red unicorn pocketsquare, plaid lambswool throw.

I was able to drop by late in the day today - there were lots of things I did not see on Wednesday so it was definitely worth another trip.

Takeaway from Day Three:

[​IMG]

Grey/brown 100% cashmere fair isle vest, brown/creme polka dot scarf, 2 ties (the stripe is some kind of sick grenadine/knit - sublime), 100% cashmere scarf, 3 brown unicorn pocket squares, 2 navy blue mughal pocket squares).

I'm pretty sure the mughal scarves are long gone, as are most of the pocket squares now.

20. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I was there on Wed and then again on fri (today) and the arrangement of merchandise was completely different back there. Is it possible that you and Fred Unn asked a clerk who gave you what he thought was an honest answer at the time only to later open up a box and find more unicorn squares? Unicorn squares which ended up being pulled out of the box and placed on the table behind the register perhaps.
    How else to explain the three unicorn squares PhiloVance says he bought tonight?