• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drake's Pop-Up Sale @ CHCM (2 Bond Street in NYC)

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ironic with that username :happy:

I pointed it out to the guy but he insisted that you calculate it based on whether the entire purchase is $110. Should've asked him to ring up each tie separately.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did anyone notice that they are charging sales tax if you buy 2 or more ties, even though it's exempt if each item is under $110 ?

Were the guys ringing people up English and unfamiliar with the tax code in NYC?

I also don't recall which accessories are not exempt. Was it leather belts?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heading there right now, if anyone wants me to take a look.

I'd appreciate it if you could check on whether they have a black and white glen check silk tie, and if so, the width. Thanks! (And apologies for repeating an earlier question.)

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
They have a few of them, but all narrower than 8cm, otherwise I would have purchased one.

Jhors2

Reaction score
They have a few of them, but all narrower than 8cm, otherwise I would have purchased one.
Did they have any of the Cashmere/Silk reversable madder scarves left? I would love to have one of those.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Was one of the items on my list, alas, I left without one. I asked if they had any others in boxes but the answer was no.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the ties have been put out. Still a lot left, but some of things members have picked up seem to be gone from the allotment.

Some great deals on all cashmere scarves in the back @ $95. Didn't pick one up myself b/c I couldn't justify another cash scarf -- but good deal nonetheless.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back and it was as good as advertised! Got the brown SC, 1 tie, 2 shirts and a scarf. Pretty amazing deals! SC is definitely Caruso. The SC is pretty slim but sleeves are really long and have working cuffs. I'm going to take it to my tailor tomorrow morning and see what she says about taking it up from the shoulder. List price was £1,195 and they were selling all SCs for $295. The pocket squares and SCs were picked through but they had plenty left of everything else. They didn't have any 16 shirts out on the floor, but they rummaged through a box and came up with a half dozen so definitely not everything is unpacked. Still have tons of ties, scarves, sweaters, etc.

SC tag

On a Drake's related note, I went to a NM Last Call (Philly) yesterday to get a cashmere wrap for my wife for Xmas and found they had gotten a bunch more Drake's ties in that all were an additional 40% off. Picked up these 2. The wool tie on the left was $40 (they had it for $65 at CHCM today) and the silk/cotton tie was $32.

Last edited:

BaileyShanks

Reaction score
I've just come back. They do have a lot of the thinner 7cm ties, but I picked up a couple regardless because they were so darn nice and one I'm wearing to a wedding in the spring. The Fair Isles are mostly in larger sizes, (I took one of the last few 38s) but they have a lot of other vests. There are a few mogul-print square scarves left, which are kind of an odd shape, but I bought one anyway. There are a lot of the dotted reversible scarves, but not any madders or other prints. Plenty of knit scarves and a few cashmere plaids. There are not a lot of pocket squares left in colorways that are extremely versatile. Mostly brights. A bunch of shirts, some socks in silk and cashmere, a smattering of sports coats, all in larger sizes, a shelf of knit gloves and hats. (Bad phone pic below of my haul)

Jhors2

Reaction score
Beautiful stuff guys! Love the SC Fred, well done.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
called. supposedly they went through all the boxes.

They are very low any pocketsquares.

No doublesided cashmere / silk scarves left.

no further reductions.

sale ends sunday.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads