1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Inside Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrDaniels, Nov 13, 2013.

1. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I saw the ad on here. I like some of the styles, but the lack of proper tailoring on the models and the fact that many of them were photographed with seriously sloppy tie knots gives me pause...

http://www.dragoninside.com/category/custom-suits

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Did anyone involved with these suit fittings and photos have any idea about fit?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

Doubtless no one was involved in fit or ties because the illustrations reflect how little company knows about tailoring. Yet again confirms how such offers are best avoided.

4. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Not to mention that these are mail order!

5. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

It looks like pretty amateur photography in general. The poses, back drops, and lighting, are all pretty walk of the mill. Not run; walk.

Pretty terrible fit on all of the models, and yeah, especially visible from the back. Though, that is the trend; making suits tight around the waist, and passing it off as waist suppression.

1 person likes this.
  6. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

All of the jackets seem cut too short as well.

7. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

The lengths look good to me, but I do like my jackets a trifle shorter, because it makes me look a little bit taller. It has to be done right, though; it needs to nearly imperceptible except on very close inspection.

Short jackets are currently quite fashionable, too, so it may simply be a case of responding to demand, more than a sin of ignorance.

8. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Considering the way they fit in back, I am guessing ignorance.

9. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

10. cag2

cag2 Member

I'm new here. Can you guys point out the problems with the tailoring that you see?

As far as the sloppy ties, I'm assuming you are referring to the larger knots, right?

11. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

It's not the large knots, but look how they are not pulled all the way up to the collar.

There are too many tailoring issues to go into. Most blatantly, look at how the it fits on the back....that huge gap hanging off the neck. It should fit flush right up to the shirt collar.

[​IMG]

The fact that they would fit suits so poorly to their own models makes me very concerned about their abilities to tailor. As stated above, they could not even be bothered to make sure the tie knots looked sharp.

12. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

And these pants are hemmed way too high...that is one of the most-basic tailoring points that even a non-professional can pull off. And note the bottom button of the vest is done up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  13. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

I wouldn't say way too high, but about half to 3/4" above where preference ends, and wrong begins.

14. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Sure. If you are PEE WEE HERMAN!!!!

15. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

I like minimal break. My tux pants have no break.

16. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

17. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I think there is a big difference between "minimal break" and "Oh my god!!! Here comes the flood....save your pants!!!"

18. cag2

cag2 Member

Yeah I didn't enlarge the pictures so I didn't notice the knots being too loose. I'm mainly interested in this because I like the look of their new charcoal blue worsted wool that I came across. I'm not sure if it's worth trying after reading this.

19. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Is this yet another send us your measurements and money, then cross your fingers and hope for the best job?

They all seem to be like that now, the current trend, short and skinny. Doesn't suit me, so I wouldn't wear them.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  20. GBR

GBR Senior member

Clearly does not have sound judgement - that suit is dreadful, coat too short and too tight for a start. Does he receive suits for review as a professional blogger one wonders?

As to this "I like about Dragon Inside is that they do all of their measurements in centimeters (which leads to a more accurate fit". Pure nonsense, that seems to sum up his lack of experience or knowledge.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013