• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dr Martens Weston Boot pics wearing

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thrift Pirate
http://needsupply.com/mens/shoes/weston-boot.html

i was thinking about picking these up, i have had good experience with other boots from them back in the day.I wanted to see if anyone had pictures wearing them..so i can get an idea how they look before i drop money on them. Thanks

I got some last month from needsupply. Been eyeing them for a while. Do you want a review too, or just pics? (my review is mixed...)

Can post pics tonight maybe.

amnesiac

Reaction score
just letting you guys know there's a 35% off code for the doc martens store. dmff3509 (9?) i believe. and free shipping. i've already used it twice and i thought about getting those. i think the code might expire tomorrow though...

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amnesiac
just letting you guys know there's a 35% off code for the doc martens store. dmff3509 (9?) i believe. and free shipping. i've already used it twice and i thought about getting those. i think the code might expire tomorrow though...

cool thanks for looking out!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhoo04
Sorry guys quick question. How does sizing on these go? Go with a UK 8 if you're a true size 9.5?

I'd go UK9, maybe even 10

I wear true US 8 and I wear UK8 in Docs, they run a tad small IME, and that is consistent with the 5 or 6 pairs I have. all size UK8

gordon jraber

Reaction score
picked up a pair of the western boots from the doc site and the promo code still works.

thanks a bunch guys, really stoked on these.

gordon jraber

Reaction score
also, why does the need supply photo look way better than the one on the doc marten site? i went with the regular brown, is that the same color need supply is offering?

jbm7777

Reaction score
GREAT looking boot! I really want it in the tan though, any idea why its impossible to find? Its probably because everyone liked it in the tan...

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First impressions:

Really nice leather. Supple with a nice sheen. Not 1460 leather.
Pitch of the boot is back-heavy (more weight on the heels due to sole and ankle configuration). Don't like the 'spread' of these boots as much. I've tied them as tight as humanly possible in these pics. Changed laces too.
Interior and footbed are comfy enough for extended walking/on feet all day. Break in was a ***** for a few days. Blisters, almost. But now they're pretty plush.
Sole is thinner compared to the classics, but it's still 'bouncy' ;-)
All in all, a B+ for Doc.

DSCN1758_399.jpg

DSCN1760_401.jpg

DSCN1764_405.jpg

DSCN1765_406.jpg

DSCN1766_407.jpg

DSCN1769_410.jpg

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gordon jraber
also, why does the need supply photo look way better than the one on the doc marten site? i went with the regular brown, is that the same color need supply is offering?

Yes, that's where I got mine. Price was better at the time.

Originally Posted by jbm7777
GREAT looking boot! I really want it in the tan though, any idea why its impossible to find? Its probably because everyone liked it in the tan...

Get the brown. It's an awesome color. Haven't seen tan around recently. Prob. opposite of your thought...

Have gotten multiple compliments on these. Mostly from black women fwiw...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads