douchebag of the year...salesman at pippin vintage

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by blackplatano, Apr 16, 2008.

1. studite

studite Active Member

kick his ass seabass!

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Man...first the cops are after you BlackPlatano and now the clerks at vintage jewelry stores in the gay part of town...what's next??

3. Slim Portly

Slim Portly Well-Known Member

If you really can't get it out of your head though, go there in your best suit + tie combo. Walk in, and if the same guy is there say "Oh wait, I remember this place." turn around and walk back out again. [​IMG]
    +1

Just more proof that we all secretly dream of being Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

"I was in here yesterday, you wouldn't wait on me. You people work on commission, right? Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now."

4. CharlesAlexander

CharlesAlexander Senior member

I know of this store, not too far from where I live.

What an asshole, I'm not a big fan of vintage, but if I was I would set foot in that store!

5. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

Heh, sounds like you should've just taken the cufflinks FO FREE...that's what he was expecting, you should've delivered =)

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

go back, knock things over, leave.

7. Shraka

Shraka Senior member

+1

Just more proof that we all secretly dream of being Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

"I was in here yesterday, you wouldn't wait on me. You people work on commission, right? Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now."

It's the dream of downtrodden or poorly treated people everywhere. Anyone who never managed to shake the bullies in high school dream of turning up to a reunion with an awesome job and hot girlfriend.

As a side note, it really is amazing what a suit worn well does to peoples perception. I always get a smile and attention from shop attendants, not the sometimes rude and dismissive behavior I get when I used to dress very casually (see: Dressed like a teenager).

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

As a side note, it really is amazing what a suit worn well does to peoples perception. I always get a smile and attention from shop attendants, not the sometimes rude and dismissive behavior I get when I used to dress very casually (see: Dressed like a teenager).

Every good shop proprietor that I know treats everyone with respect, not because "you never know who it might be" but out of good habit. Of course, that what goes around comes around doesn't hurt either.

That said, at some stores, a suit will get you treated like "a suit" in some stores where SAs are likely to look unkindly at "suits."

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

10. The_Game07

The_Game07 Senior member

Well, at least none of us will going there any time soon...

Let him take the L and keep it moving

11. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

12. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Ok... so I'm in chelsea and I decide to check out some of the thrift shops to see what the buzz is about. I check out "angel street thrift shop" and didn't find anything worthwhile or in my size. I leave and noticed that next door there is a vintage jewelry shop. The name of the place is "pippin vintage jewelry" (at 112 W. 17th Street).

I go in and see a cabinet full of old cufflinks, some are art deco but all of them are cheap (from $10-$30).

I think the best revenge is for us to file in and buy them all and then tell him how he could have sold them for 2-3 times the price. Art Deco, double-sided, $10-30? I'm all over them.

b

13. The Doctor

The Doctor Senior member

Try to find out the owners name and send them a note or email with a link to this thread.

That'll make their day. [​IMG]

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Try to find out the owners name and send them a note or email with a link to this thread.

That'll make their day. [​IMG]

That's actually probably good advice. They don't deserve your money, and you're also better than them enough to the point you don't want to go beat the shit out of the guy. In all likelihood, the owner doesn't know that his SA is acting like this and jeopardizing sales. I'd go with this method if I were in the situation.

15. khaki sack

khaki sack Senior member

Maybe he just did not take kindly to your hoody?

I think you should return and ,confront the man. I'm sure he's not armed. [​IMG]